Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, September 12, 2014

The "The Other Triple D Restaurant and Other Stuff", edition.

iPad shuffled to  James Brown, "Please, Please, Please".  We're still in the afterglow of the James Brown movie.  We saw a documentary on him a few years ago. More in depth than the movie, but the movie brought him to life. So while the refrigerator was out, we did more eating out and carry out than we would have liked. But whatcha gonna do?  We were tired of eating out. Remember we just came back from 3 days of eating out in New Orleans. Now we had 4 more days of that in Las Vegas. It did get tiresome.

Whodini, "Five Minutes of Funk". One of those days I searched for another "Food TV" restaurant. I found Lola's, featured on "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives". It really wasn't a diner, drive-in nor a dive. But it was a small restaurant. We pondered about how the show was even filmed in there.  Seating was inside and out. We sat inside. Too hot for outside.  Lola's full name is Lola's Louisiana Kitchen.  Yes, we went to a restaurant that served food like the food we had in New Orleans. I had gumbo and a po' boy.  Yes, I like po' boys. I am not ashamed. Brian had Bronzed Shrimp and grits. Both were good. Neither of us had the dish featured on Triple D. That was called Roast Beef D'Brees. You can check it out on the menu link.  And yeah, The Saints and Drew Brees are like gods in New Orleans. You're inundated with Saints stuff as soon as you exit the airplane. Yes, yes, the food was tasty. Another Triple D success. 

Al Green, "Can't Get Next To You". Once the refrigerator was delivered, we went grocery shopping and have been having home cooked meals ever since. Roast beef with fresh green beans and corn, Texas chili, scrambled eggs with cheese and ham, a Hudson's like Maurice salad, spaghetti. Tonight will be chicken enchiladas. And yes, we do more than eat out here. Lol.  

Tears For Fears, "Everybody Wants To Rule The World".  We're settling into routines. One huge task was getting those drivers licenses and the new license plates for the car. The IDs were necessary for getting the checking account. Mission accomplished. DMV desecrated my Michigan drivers license. I have a temp license. Just waiting for the permanent one to arrive. I got my new Medicare Part D plan. My meds went from $800/month to just over $100/month.  Whoo hoo!  The house closes next week. Another Whoo hoo!  

Bobby Womack, "Looking For a Love". We've finally got into an exercise routine. I swim 4 days a week, increasing my stamina and strength.  We'll also start using the exercise room. Probably next week. We've met a few people in our building and in the complex. The staff at the clinic are pretty ok. I'm not enamored with my new nephrologist. The jury is still out on that. Oh yeah, my chair time is being changed to 5AM. I like that!  :-)

Signing off with Aretha Franklin, "I Say a Little Prayer". We bought dad an All in One" computer. He was like a kid on Christmas Day.  Lol. The news people are saying it feels like fall. Fall apparently equals temps under 100 degrees. Ok......   Have a wonderful weekend!  



No comments:

Post a Comment