Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, September 29, 2014

The "It's 64 Degrees This Morning. I Was Chilly", edition.

Ipad shuffled to Barry White, " Never, Never Gonna Give Ya Up".  Hmmm.  The tape on my access doesn't want to stick. When my tech comes back over here, I'll let her know.  Ok. Fixed. Just like that. The tape holds the tubing and needles in place. Putting the needles in is nothing compared to making sure the needles are is a correct place and immovable. I don't think I want a needle slipping out.  When the needles come out, the blood erupts like Mt Vesuvius. It's pretty spectacular, but I'd rather not see my blood spurting 2-3 feet in the air.  :-O   

Ok, in Detroit I described my "crew", the people who were in the same 6 seat module as me. The set up here is different, but what's the same is my area has 6 patients. I wouldn't call it a module.  I don't know what to call it.  Lol. 3 seats on one side facing the 3 seats on the other side..of the aisle?  Any way.  I'm facing north. I'm on the end..the east end. The person in the middle, next to me on the left, is a Hispanic gentleman. Not sure about his age. He doesn't speak much English.  The person on the west side, furthest left of me is a Hispanic lady. She doesn't speak much English, either. I guess they're  about my age. I'm really bad at guessing people's ages. 

 Prince, "Batdance". Across from me is a lady. She has problems every now and then and brings McDonalds breakfast with her in the morning. Not to be judgey, but that's a lot of sodium. Ok. I'll hand slap myself. :-(   The middle seat on that side seems to be reserved for visitors. I can tell not just because there seems to be a different person every session (that should do it, right?), but because they have to sign the encyclopedia of documents they have visitors sign. I know. Been there. Did that. Every single time I visited. Lol.   Visitor there now. The last seat is a Hispanic gentleman. I think he's maybe in his forties?  Has lots of tattoos even on his head. He speaks English.   None are as animated as my crew in Detroit. More subdued?  Lol. I might say the early time explains it, but we were fairly animated in Detroit.  Give me time though, I'll make it a party up in here.  Probably to the chagrin of management. Lol. 

Rick James, "You And I".  Dance time!  One thing that puzzles me is, with all of the Hispanics here, and there are a lot, no one on staff is not only not Hispanic, the only staff member that speaks Spanish is the lady who cleans the floor. WTF?   Well anyway, the clinic employees and patients are quite diverse. Oh yeah, my doctor is East Asian.  And my initial tech is Middle Eastern who keeps her hair covered. I like her, but shifting time gave me a new tech. New tech is fine also.  I was her patient when I visited and she remembered me. :-). 

So yeah, this morning the temperature registered 63 degrees!  I didn't feel it going to the car. The car is in a garage under the building so you don't really feel the extremes of temperatures. I did turn off the air conditioning on my side of the car, but I do that every morning. That cold blast doesn't seem necessary at 4:30 AM.  However, when I arrived at the dialysis center and was walking toward the door, I felt the 63 degrees. I was chilly!!!  It'll warm up to about 80 today and it's supposed be back in the 90s by the weekend. Well. This is the weather I wanted. And I'm not complaining. Just marveling at it. I'm liking where this is going. Lol. I brought my wool coat. I've been told I won't need it. We'll see.  However I did give away all of my winter boots. Now that felt good!!!!!

Signing out with  Jodeci,  "Come and Talk To Me".  I forgot to tell you another detail of the 3 seat set up and another difference between here and Detroit. The person in the middle has their dialysis machine on the right side. That sucks if your access is on the left. The tubing is then draped across your chest. I hated it. See in Detroit, they'd move the machines to go with your access. No draping tubes across our bodies. Yes I complained.  And yes the machine was moved for me. Once I changed times and chairs, they put me on the end with the machine on my left (yay!). But they displaced the Hispanic guy. :-(  I guess I'm a squeaky wheel. But I don't have a blood tube necklace either!  

Have a great Monday. Photo of access. Note the taping of the needles.  Well. The needles are under the tape. 


No comments:

Post a Comment