Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The "I'm Going to Try This Again", edition.

 Good Wednesday morning!  So what am I trying again?  I started writing an entry on Monday, but my topic bored me. So if it was boring to me, imagine what you may have thought. I was explaining that I was trying to not be whiny. Lately I've been incredibly tired. And I hate that. My protein levels are slowly dropping. Part of the problem is the constant tearing and healing of the fragile skin on the back of my hands is sucking the protein out of my body..concentrating on healing. I'm learning to be more careful and am now wearing sun protection gloves while I'm in the car. Or as Brian says we have a reason to use the glove compartment in the car.  *rim shot*. 

My monthly checkup was uneventful. And we're doing fine here. The pools are closed until after the holiday so water fitness resumes next week. The art classes resume mid September. I'll be taking an art appraisal class. Sounds interesting. I think Brian is going to dabble in woodworking.  The organizations I'm I start up this month also. It all sounds so busy. Plus I need to take a road trip to California to visit friends. 

My menu is set for Labor Day. Broasted chicken, corn, greens, cheddar rolls, deviled eggs, sliced tomatoes and apple pie. Sorta like a picnic. And of course ice cream for Carl. Oh and yesterday we made some banana pudding. I hadn't had a banana in over 3 years. It tasted good!  Lol. Now before you say, hey Pat, bananas have potassium and you're limited in the mount you can eat. But remember. My potassium numbers were low because of the daily dialysis. And the dietician told me to add potassium foods to my diet!  I finally added a banana. And that's only because I prefer tomatoes. 

And by the way. We went to the small pitiful farmers market.  A farmer from California had some mighty fine looking tomatoes. And we bought some. And you know what?  That was a sweet, sweet, juicy cat tomato!  I want more!  

Finally, I have a niece who is staring her final semester and will receive her Masters in December in Texas. I have a niece who is beginning her freshman year at Michigan State University and my kid is starting her third year in her doctorate program..she's starting planning her thesis. Time has flown. Weren't we just moving her to Univereity of Illinois just yesterday?  

Well that's it for today. Temps are going down out here...slowly. It's sad when I look forward to when the high is only 101 degrees. Oh yeah. I didn't want to see Mission Impossible:Rogue Nation  because..well don't worry about why. But I went to see it. And I enjoyed it. I haven't been disappointed with the movies this summer.  I do f know how to end this so I'll just say have a great day!!  

Photo of swim class. With our 20 year old fitness leader. :-D





1 comment:

  1. Huh. I know I proofread this. apparently I need to proofread multiple times.

    ReplyDelete