Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, September 28, 2015

The "Channeling James Brown..Sort Of", edition.

Or "I Feel Good". Sort of. No song named "I Feel Better".  Good Monday morning. I feel better.  A couple of hits (injections) of epogen also known as my hemoglobin enhancer have a made a huge difference. Not sure of medical terms, but let's roll with it. I know too many doctors and nurses who could correct me. I'm betting on them not reading this. 

You don't know how bad you really feel until you feel better. Well maybe. I know I felt bad. I was ready to just roll over and die. Seriously. All hope was lost. Now, the nausea is gone. The appetite is slowly returning. I felt great on Saturday. I still stuck with my bullion. But I did have some little sausages. And I swiped a forkful of my dads spaghetti. Sunday was Dad's day to pay for brunch and he wanted to go to PF Changs. I was ready. I checked the menu and decided on something safe.  Chicken fried rice, but I wanted a cup of hot and sour soup. Well Sunday came around and reality set in.

We head out to eat after Dad returns from church. PF Changs opens at 11:00. Before we left, my body let me know that the crackers I'd eaten earlier didn't agree with me. Ah shoot. I went anyway. I had little to no appetite, but I was getting out of the house. Dad and Brian shared an appetizer of Dynamite shrimp and I had a taste of a half of a shrimp. I also had some ginger ale. For some reason. The ginger ale had a soothing quality and I drank a lot. Anyway. We ordered and I did order the chicken fried rice. Holy crap. The bowl was huge. PF Changs tends toward family style.  And that bowl of fried rice underscored that!!  I had 3 spoonfuls and even more ginger ale. Lol. But that was fine. I was able to sit through brunch without getting sick and hold a conversation. Of course I took a 3 hour nap when I returned home. 

Oh yeah. Did I tell you Brian brought me some flowers on Saturday to cheer me up? <3. Anyway. Brian has a woodworking class on Sunday afternoon. After I woke from my nap, I made myself a cup of chicken bouillon. Brian came home and showed off his first project, a beautiful cutting board. We did treatment later on. Watched Lions football (what a disappointment). Enjoyed Once Upon a Time and Last Man on Earth. Treatment finished. I was a little over loaded on fluid, but I expected that after I tried to drink all the ginger ale in PF Changs. Treatment got rid of the excess fluid. And!  I had a bowl of fried rice after treatment. I finally was able to enjoy it'. 

So I'm feeling much better, but I have a ways to go. It took a while to get to where I was and its going to take a while to get back to "normal". My stomach muscles still hurt fro the heaving, vomiting and coughing. Feels like I've done 3884757493028 sit-ups. And boullion is still the comfort drink of choice for now. But I have more energy. And I need to remember to pace myself. Lol. 

Looking forward to seeing my brother and his wife next week. Haven't seen them in a while. Talked to Shawn last night. That always lifts my spirits. And of course Brian. My helicopter husband. Sometimes I think he hovers too much. I encourage to get some time to himself and that I'll survive. But you know what?  I miss him when he's away. Shhhh. Don't tell him that!!  

Still hot. Not complaining. Have a wonderful day!  


No comments:

Post a Comment