Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Thursday, September 10, 2015

The "I Love Talking With My Kid", edition.

Good Thursday morning!  Last night we watched Jimmy Fallon. I like whe Justin Timberlake is a guest. They did a montage of old school rap. Jimmy always gets carried away with Straight Outta Compton.."crazy mother...." At which point Justin stops him and reminds Jimmy he's straight outta upstate New York. And The Roots are playing the music. And show ended with Mackllemore which was okay but what made it better was he was joined by Kool Moe Dee, Melle Mel and Grand Master Flash!  

Yesterday Brian and I painting lesson. Our acrylic instructor called and asked if we wanted to attend a workshop. It was just the 2 of us so I guess it was a semiprivate lesson. She sent us a photo of the project and we were both skeptical, but the finished product looks pretty nice. I guess so after 5 hours. Whew!  But I enjoyed it and we are learning and improving.  But I'll be the first one to tell you I have no talent!  

Tuesday I dove headfirst into the rabbit hole. I'd been feeling ill for almost a week and it really hit hard. I felt nauseous, dizzy, lightheaded, I hadn't slept longer than 3 hours a night, no appetite.   Just ugh. And it wasn't letting up. Brian, of course, had me tethered. He let me go so far before he gently pulled me up.  And I still,fought it. But I got up and out. I did my treatment. And the felt better physically. Huh. I'd had treatment on schedule the entire time I felt ill. But Wednesday night after treatment, most of the symptoms were gone. I woke up Thursday feeling better than I had in over a week. Go figure. 

Lazy night Shawn and I were commiserating and it was suggested we plan on having a pity party together one day. Sometimes the constant and working and studying for the doctorate program can get intense and frustrating. And a break and a pity party is needed. Well it didn't last long. I get a call 2 hours later. She's been selected to present a paper the Society of American Archeologist. Apparently this is THE organizations for archeologists. When I asked her the topic, of course I had no idea what she was talking about - lol -  but I was excited for her!  And she is excited that her work is being recognized. So we fall into the rabbit hole and then somehow we find springs and bounce out of that rabbit hole!!!

Finally last night I had trouble with one of my needles. Usually when I insert my needles, I get a flashback of blood in the tubing which indicates I've hit the vein and we're ready to move the blood. However when I inserted the needle in the. Emojis acces, there was no flashback. *sigh*. Tried 3 times. Going to try again this morning, but to be honest, I'm not hopeful. I'll be calling my nurses this morning. I may have to visit the vascular surgeon today. And see I MUST get this taken care of. I cannot skip 2 days of treatment.  My life is precarious like that. I mean there are a few alternatives, but I want my established buttonhole to work. We'll see. 

That's it for me today. Any plans we have today will be be fluid, depending on if I can do treatment. Still hot here, but this should be the end of the triple digit temps for the season...or so they say. Enjoy your day!  


No comments:

Post a Comment