Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Thursday, September 17, 2015

The "Chronic Illness Sucks", edition.

Good Thursday morning. I know, I know the blog has been less than upbeat lately. Well, it seems as if I'm trying to push through issues. I'm still nauseous. It came to a head on Tuesday. And I am incredibly tired. My appetite is shot, but its been waning for the last 2 weeks. Of course all of this started immediately after my monthly appointment. 

I knew I wasn't eating, but I needed to get some protein in me. But right now meat, any meat is less than appetizing. I thought I'd try cottage cheese. Boy. Was that a mistake. That just set off a horrible chain of events which culminated in a horrific Tuesday. I curled up in a fetal ball and moaned most of the day. I eventuLly was able to eat about 10 teaspoons of chicken broth. No noodles, no chicken. Just Broth. I skipped dialysis Tuesday evening. Which was fine. I'd done treatment Saturday, Sunday and Monday. We were trying to get back on schedule to being off on Wednesday. But it wasn't meant to be.  

I woke up yesterday with a tentative appetite. We headed to Mary's Hash House for some grits. She makes great grits. Comfort food. Her portions are huge, so I ended up with a bowl of grits, 2 eggs over medium, a sausage patty as big as my hand and home fries. I passed on the toast!  Lol. I mixed my eggs and grits together because egg juice on grits is soooo right! I ate a little less than half.  I ate about 1/3 of the sausage and none of the potatoes.  Oh. I did drink most of my apple juice. And then I felt bad again. Not nauseous, but tired. Oh, so tired. 

Came home and vegetated for the rest of the day. We were able to do treatment last night and that went flawlessly.  It's hard to believe that I just relax and chill out while sitting in a recliner with needles in my arm pumping blood in and out of me, but that's exactly what happens. I sort of watched the GOP debate, but Ted Cruz is just way too creepy  to look at. I digress. 

I've got a lot of things to do. One of the organizations I'm involved with is having their major show and fundraiser in October and there I some things I need to do for that. I need to get some sort of energy level back up. Today. So far so good. I tested the waters with 1/2 bagel and cream cheese. I'll venture out for a while and see how long I can last. The weather is nice here now so I'd really like to get out.  Hopefully this will pass.  

I leave you with the wheel of chronic illness. Let's see what I spin today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment