Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

The "My Wakeup Call", edition.

Good morning. Still ill. Still feeling pretty bad. I've been to the monthly team health care appointment. Several ideas as to what the issue may be. It looks like probable culprit is my hemoglobin levels. Because I have no kidneys, my body can't readily produce hemoglobin. So every now and then I need a hit of epogen to increase the hemoglobin level. I'd been on epogen in the spring and the level was raised. But it was suspended in May, because the level was within normal range. Checking the level is easily done via my monthly blood tests. Except last month because of the vascular access issues, I had excessive  clotting which caused a problem in the blood draw. They finally got a good blood draw yesterday. Results should be back tomorrow. I predict..almost guarantee that the hemoglobin levels have dropped. My symptoms are classic for low hemoglobin levels. Which is much better than a series of GI tests {shudder}.  The major symptom is being incredibly tired. I.Have.Absolutley.No.Energy. And that sucks. Huge. 

And it sucks because visitors and activities  abound now through the next 3 weeks. Mike and Ethelene are in town. My brother and sister-in-law will be in town next week, followed by my best friend and her sister. Then.  Brian's high school all 70s class reunion, followed by an event by an organizational which I'm a member. I get tired just thinking about it. 

So what was the wake up call?  Around 5:30 this morning my phone let me know I had a text message or four. It also woke Brian.  I checked it and it was my great friend letting me know she'd be in town for her nieces wedding. Yay!!!  

So that's it. Still not eating much. Still tired. Still can't sleep. Pretty much miserable. Eh.  Supposed to meet up with Mike today. I'm thinking about just having them drop by the condo. We'll see how I feel later on. 

Enjoy your day!  





No comments:

Post a Comment