Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, April 11, 2016

The "Dialyzing at the Center. What??!?", edition.

Good Monday morning. iPad shuffled to Roy Ayers, "You Send Me". Huh. Haven't done this in over a year. Not to worry.  I mentioned I was having issues with my venous access.  Well, I'm at the dialysis center to reestablish my venous buttonhole. Somehow the actual hole shifted or something. I'd get the needle in but there'd be problems...no flow or an insane amount of blood clots or very high flow pressure...burst my vein pressure. That shit sounds scary.  So here I am learning how to create a new venous buttonhole. What does that mean?  It means I have to stick myself with a sharp needle in the same (new) hole for about 2-3 weeks. Yikes!!  Before the techs in Detroit did this. Now I have to do it myself. 

Friday, the nurse got the new location. The Dramatics, "Be My Girl"(wheeeeeeee!!!!). I attempted to stick myself, but I punked out. :-(  Today, I did it.  And guess what. Sticking that sharp needle in my arm didn't hurt. Really. That sucker just slid right in to that vein and voila!  Flashback. Good stick. The nurse will mark my arm with a Sharpie so I know the location and angle for when I do this at home.  Getting back on track. During this time I've been off schedule due to cannulation (stick) issues. Aaron Neville, "Tell It Like It Is".  I'm looking forward to getting back on my dialysis schedule. Oh. And many thanks to my team. Again, this includes my 3 nurses, my nephrologist, social worker, dietitian and even the receptionist. :-) 

The Moments, "Not on the Outside".  Wow. It's great listening to the music. Having the playlist on shuffle gives me a pleasant surprise each times new song starts. So we celebrated Dad's  90th birthday all weekend. Well it started last week with the haircut. He enjoyed himself at the barber shop and the barbers had a good time with him. Then on Saturday he had the fresh corn .. He shucked the corn ..that's his job!!! .. And tri-tip that Brian sloooooow cooked.  Detroit's own, The Floaters, "Float On". And. The only people can talk about this song are Detroiters. If you're not from Detroit and you dis the song, we're gonna have to throw down. I digress. The tri-tip melted in your mouth. No knife needed. Yeah. Brian scraped the corn off the cob and I cooked 20 ears. We froze half of it. Mmmmmmmm sweet corn!!  We sound like a well functioning team of 3!!!

Jamiroquai, "Virtual Insanity". Sunday Dad treated us to Fogo de Chao, a Brazilian Steakhouse, for his birthday. It is his favorite restaurant. He likes the parade of meat. Lol. He took his birthday balloon to the restaurant and placed it on our table. The head waiter hovered over him. The Gauchos wore a path to the table. He glass was kept full of wine. After dinner the head waiter delivered a huge hunk of strawberry cheesecake with the Happy Birthday written in the syrup around the plate. And gave Dad a Fogo de Chao  knife.  The knife was inside an engraved knife sheath. He had a great time!  And after his walk this morning he stated he was ready to do it again!   Lol. 

The Isley Brothers, "Make Me Say it Again". Lol. When you heard this coming from a room in the dorm, you just kept on walking by. ;-)   It rained here most of the weekend. On Saturday Brian and I made it back from running errands with about 30 seconds to spare. The funny thing is, it didn't feel like it was was getting ready to storm. But storm it did. Thunder and lightning. And it did it again that evening. And flash flood warnings. And flood it did in certain parts of the valley. 

Well that's it for today. I'm enjoying the music. If I'm gonna be incenter, I might as well make it good!!  Signing off with.  Ramsay Lewis, "Sun Goddess". Works for me, living in the desert!!  :-)  Have a great Monday!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment