Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, April 4, 2016

The "A Few Moments With My Kid", edition.

Good Monday morning. We've been busy and I'm not sure how or what we've been doing. Lol. Shawn flew in Thursday evening. I fixed her vegetarian beans and rice. Brian was was my sous chef. He had to dice green pepper, red pepper, yellow pepper, orange pepper, poblano pepper, onion, celery and garlic. I sauteed the veggies. We cooked the beans in the Dutch oven. Brian used the immersion blender to mash some of the beans..you know, thicken it up. Then I added the veggies and vegetable broth to the beans. I wanted to add some chipotles and adobo, and I thought I had some but I didn't. I did have  Rotel, so I added a can of Rotel. Lol. That one can of Rotel was quite enough for a giant pot of beans!  Spicy!! We covered the beans and set the heat on low for about 3 hours. When Shawn arrived, the beans were done and tasty. And the heat from the Rotel wasn't as intense.  Yum. 

She spent Thursday night with us.  I took her to her hotel on Friday morning. Her dad?  Oh he has cross fit on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. I'll tell you about that one day. So yeah. Shawn and I arrived around 8 AM. Lol it was insanely busy at 8 AM. We dropped off her luggage. There were 4 of them from UIUC. Anyway. We went to have breakfast in the food court. It wasn't too good lol. Apparently I'm a food snob. Did a lot of walking in the hotel. The distance from the door the elevator was impressive. The distance from the elevator and hotel room and back to the elevator was impressive. The the food court was in the rear of the hotel. And it was a large hotel!  Then I had to walk back to the car. I did have a treat through. I got valet parking and for some inexplicable reason, my car was just sitting to the side of the valet station...looking pretty. Lol. The attendant got a nice tip.  

I got home about the same time Brian got home. We decided to to treatment early on Friday in case of Shawn. But we really knew better. Lol. She was hanging out with her friends. And that was fine. We saw her again Sunday morning. We took her to breakfast at Eggworks then brought her back to the condo. Grampy was delighted to see her again. Brian did her laundry. She took a nap, then it was off to the airport. She called us when she arrived back home. And oh yeah. Next weekend she's off to Orlando to present a paper at an archeology conference. Lol. Whew!  

On the dialysis front, I've been having issues cannulating my venous access.  Or in English, sticking the needle in the top hole is getting hard.  Lol. But it's getting better. Some times though, it's taken up to 3 needles to get it right. See, if I pull the needle out while trying to find the track, I need to get a new needle because of the chance of infection. I go though a lot of alcohol and betadine pads doing this. But it's getting better. It's as if the tracks have shifted in my arm.  I go to my monthly meeting this week, so I'll talk to my nurses about it. 

That's it for today. Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment