Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

The "The Beautiful Sunrise", edition.

Good Wednesday morning!  I enjoy watching the sunrise out here. With my bedroom facing east, I get to see some of the most spectacular sunrises coming over the mountains. It takes less than 5 minutes, but during those 5 minutes, there is a wonderful explosion of color.  And today I needed the beautiful sunrise.  Yesterday was a bust for treatment. About an hour in, we got alarm after alarm and finally the venous pressure spiked dangerously high.  Brian said the venous pressure number was 613. I asked him what that meant. It meant my vein was close to blowing. Anything over 300 is cause for concern. Yikes!  After consulting with the nurse, I had to stop treatment. There may have been a clot, or I'm having trouble positioning the needle. So today I'm heading back to the clinic for observation. I'm fine with that. I need to get this treatment done. But I really, really hate dialysis. Or rather, I hate that I'm even in this position. Ugh. 

And yet, I need to stop the pity party and keep going. Remember a few weeks ago I told you that Pauline had trouble breathing and had to go to the hospital?  Then she was in a rehab facility?  Then she came home with home health aides and oxygen?  And how since she couldn't come down for Easter dinner so we took it to her?  Well she passed away last night. She celebrated her 96th birthday in January. And she was quite active up until that morning she called Dad to take her to the doctors office. And yes, she was still driving!  

She and mom had been friends long before I was born. Once Brian and I moved out here, I felt the need to celebrate every holiday with my seniors.  And my seniors were all dear to my mom. After dinner, I loved to hear stories of their lives and their experiences. Like Pauline's dad was a police officer in Hamtramk. ( lol. Spell check didn't know what to do with Hamtamck). We're talking a black police officer in Hamtramk in the 40s!!!  She was principal in the Detroit Public School system. She'd traveled all over the world. She and Dad would check on each other every morning. She was just a most gracious lady. I loved her and enjoyed her company. She will be missed. 

Well, the sun has crested the mountains. The flip side of the gorgeous sunrise is the sun bearing down through the windows. Lol. I'm not ready to shut the blinds, but I'll have to do it soon. And it's not because of the sunlight. The heat will bear down through the window and heat the room. You can feel the heat coming off the Windows. Yes. The temps have hit the 90s. And yes we snickered about Michigan. We have no shame. I haven't brought the shorts out yet. And yes we're having weather spikes not unlike Michigan, but we spike between the mid-low 60s and the 80s-90s. Much more tolerable. :-)

Signing off with this tidbit. You can get a pool out here with 12 year terms (who's gonna do that??!?) with no credit check (!!!!). Apparently I can get a $60k pool. I think I need a big ass yard for that. But 12 years to pay for a pool?  Lolololololol. Have a great day. I'm gonna push through today. Looking for good outcomes. 

My seniors. And that's Pauline next to Dad. 


No comments:

Post a Comment