Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The "More Georgia", edition.

Good Tuesday morning. Yes. Back to back entries. I need to write before I forget.  Saturday. The plan was to get the treatment out of the way on Saturday morning then go shopping for some items for Shawn. Brian set up the machine and I prepped. I inserted the arterial needle. Get the blood flashback.  And then attempted too insert the venous needle. After 3 tries I had to stop. I couldn't find the track.  I think part of the problem was that I was reclining in the bed instead of sitting in a chair. I was frustrated. Brian was frustrated. But. I had done treatment on Friday so I could miss Saturday, even if I really didn't want to. I just needed to watch my fluid intake. We would try again Sunday morning. 

We passed on the hotel breakfast and headed to the Waffle House. We don't have Waffle House in Michigan nor in Nevada  and you have to get to mid-Ohio to get to one. But In Georgia?  Oo-wee. They were on every block..or so it seemed. Lol. So yeah. We headed to the nearest Waffle House for breakfast. Best scrambled eggs with cheese!  

Shawn asked to go to Target to get a swimming suit. She forgot to bring hers from Edgefield to Augusta and wanted to swim in the hotel pool. So we headed to Target. She picked up a few items in addition to the swim suit. As we were leaving her purse broke. The purse she's been carrying belonged to my mother, her grandmother. She's been carrying it since before she left for Illinois. As we were cleaning out the closets, she found the purse and liked it. Of course she could have anything she found that had belonged to Grammy. <3. Anyway, we had to convince her to back into Target and a new purse. And she will get her treasured purse repaired. 

We then headed to Cabellas. She needed some new hiking boots...boots she needs to wear out in the field. And after trying to walk in that rut filled field, I certainly understand the need for special shoes.  She also mentioned that she runs through socks pretty fast. So. Dad treated her to a new pair of boots. Apparently the boots she had been wearing and had worn out, she'd been using them since her New Mexico dig...in 2010. Lol. She showed the shoes to us. They seen a lot of love and it was time for that pair to be retired. Dad also got her some hiking socks. We'll see how long they last. 

After we left Cabellas we headed to downtown Augusta. It had a small town feel. The streets were boulevards, with parking in the middle of the street. There was a statue of James Brown..I couldn't convince Brian to stop. :-(  And we passed near a farmers market. We basically just did a drive by tour of downtown. As we were figuring out how to get back to the hotel, we saw a street that passed near the hotel. I need to let you know that Augusta is not a grid city. There is no straight line to or from anywhere. Lol. And one day I'll tell you about my obsession with maps and and my special internal GPS talent. (I rarely get lost and if I've been someplace once, I can get back again..even after decades). 

Once returned to the hotel we had cold pizza and tomato and cucumber salad (remember the fresh veggies I bought ?) for lunch.  After a bit, the family headed to the pool. Unfortuneatly there were a zillion kids there, so we passed.so we went back to the room and we napped. Lol. Woke up in time to head for the movies. Shawn wanted to see Captain America - Civil War. We convinced her that we didn't mind seeing it a second time. And yes, seeing it a second time did not disappoint. What surprised us was how crowded the theater was for a movie that had been out for so long. But a good movie is a good movie. Spoiler alert!  I still hoped War Machine didn't hit the ground...even though I knew the outcome from seeing it before. :-(  

After the movie we went back to the hotel, ate our leftovers from the Italian restaurant and more tomato and cucumber salad. And went to sleep. All the time I was concerned about trying to do treatment on Sunday. I was going to make some adjustments. There was no room for any issues.....

That's it for today. It 7:00 AM I. Las Vegas and its 92 degrees. ;-(  But!!!  The humidity is 10. The humidity in Georgia was breathtaking.....pun intended. Ugh. Anyway. Have a wonderful day. We're gonna stay cool here. And we even don't have to get groceries. Hooray for freezing stuff!  Lol. And yes. There a just a few more entries for the trip. 


No comments:

Post a Comment