Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

The "I Have a Story About That", edition.

Good Wednesday morning. Hey. I'm in my dialysis chair this morning. Doing the one finger typing thing. But you're asking why is she dialyzing this morning?  Oh. And I'm playing music. Tavares, "Check it Out". So I'm doing treatment to get it out of the way. Tomorrow is a travel day. Heading to Georgia/South Carolina to visit Shawn. Wheeeeee!!!  Ahem. The young maintenance guy is coming by early this afternoon to put my dialysis machine in the car. Remember that the total weight of the machine and it's case is 99 pounds. Just under the 100 pound airline limit. Lol. Anyway. No need for Brian or Dad to try to lift the case. So this means my tipping frenzy starts. I'm asking random people to lift this thing for the duration of the trip. Anyway.  This is why I'm doing treatment now. 

Once treatment is over Brian has to remove the cartridge, clean the machine and then remove some parts so it's ready for packing. Which means we have to carry a screwdriver. We have an additional suitcase for the removed parts...like the IV pole. And I have to pack medical supplies...needles, syringes, syringes with needles, tape, gauze, blood pressure machine, thermometer, gloves, masks, and other stuff. Last time we had 5 pieces of luggage, including the hand cart. We weren't charged for the extra luggage because it was medical equipment. And this doesn't include the stuff that NxStage and my dialysis clinic are sending to the hotel. Portable?  Lol. Ok. It's still better than going to a dialysis clinic. It's my life and I'm claiming it!!  

So what do I have a story about. It's a story about alligators in Disney World. The first time Brian and I went, I was pregnant. 1989.  Yes I made the reservations before I knew I was expecting.  Anyway. We stayed at the Disney Inn. Yep. This was a while ago. The Disney Inn is now a resort for Armed Forces (Shade of Green) on vacation. Anyway. We drove. As we pulled up to the hotel there was an alligator sunning himself in front of the hotel!! ( D.M.S.R by Prince! Just came on). We got the message. Also during this vacation we brought our golf clubs. I opted out of playing. Too hot and humid for a pregnant lady. Brian however, took some lessons. I sat in cart and was his groupie!!  The lessons were also videotaped. Later on during the stay he played 9 holes. Oh. Did I mention that when we checked in our clubs were taken to the golf club house where they cleaned them and put Disney tags on them?  Anyway. At one point Brian shot an errant ball into the woods. He took the drop. Because signs were posted everywhere. And I mean everywhere about being beware of alligators. Since we'd been greeted by an aligator, we took the signs at face value. Had a ball gone into a water hazard, he'd have taken the drop on that. 

I'm surprised And dismayed Disney didn't have those signs around the lake near The Grand Floridian resort. The aligator snatching the two year is horrendous. I can't imagine. It is so upsetting. And on our last visit, we had dinner at a restaurant at the Grand Floridian. On the waterfront. And we're asking is this the same lake where people are paddle boating and jet skiing on?  I'm just having a hard time with this.   And is this the same lake that we crossed in a ferry to get to the Magic Kingdom?  I'm just devastated. 

Well that's it for today. Our flight leaves at 6 AM. I'm just giddy about seeing Shawn!!  She's going to take us to her dig site. We're excited about this. As long as she's been archeology-ing, we've never seen her at work!  

Have a great day!!!  Signing off with Teena Marie, "Ohh Wee". 






No comments:

Post a Comment