Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

The "The Day I Was Dreading", edition.

Good Wednesday morning!  Since I've had to stop the medication that controls my parathyroid gland, my body has been hurting. Back, knees, ankles.  I'll be having surgery soon to remove the parathyroid.   However, I still have been able to go swimming and to my trainer. As a matter of fact I felt looser and better after my visit with my trainer. I'm strutting out of the gym commenting on how much better I feel ..,and then Bam! my ankle twists and I dive to the floor scraping my right knee as I fall. It was spectacular!!  As is the scraped knee. It rivals any scraped knee I had as a kid. Lol. So yeah. The ankle is fine. The good news is I still know how to fall. 

Ok. So Sunday. I have the last day of the Home Dialyzors United conference and the student showcase luncheon. Let's do this!  I have to dress for the luncheon, so I'm looking fancy. Yes, I can be fancy if I need to!  We arrive around 9 AM at Circus Circus. We're offered a pretty nice breakfast buffet. Eat, then the travel panel starts. HDU and NxStage are sponsoring an Alaskan cruise in June. We're considering it. People also talked about trips to Hawaii and to Europe. We have limitations because we have have supplies shipped. Some countries have regulations about shipping medical equipment. In addition there should be a NxStage partner in that country if we have an issue with our machines. People also shared their experiences.  We also met the NxStage travel/representative/expediter. Got her card!

Afterwards we did "speed dating" with the conference subject matter experts. Each table spent ten minutes with each expert so we got even more information in an intimate setting. The conference ended with some drawings. Brian won a cookbook. I won a kidney necklace!  The grand prize was a $500 travel reimbursement. Afterwards we hugged and said our goodbyes. Brian and I enjoyed the conference immensely. It was beyond great meeting and bring with people who are sharing our experience. We look forward to staying in touch with our new friends. I forgot to mention that one of the conference participants created a kidney diet/food tracker app that tracks our meal. Because you know, we have certain requirements and certain restrictions. I actually saw the app and signed up as most of us did, to be beta testers.  

Well that's it for today. Tomorrow I'll go over the student showcase!  Tonight I'll be tested for sleep apnea. WTH?  On this one I think my primary care physician is doing this because it's covered by my insurance. I'm confident that I don't have sleep apnea. Anyway. Have a wonderful day. I think we'll look for apple cider today!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment