Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Thursday, October 6, 2016

The "Keep Going", edition.

Good Thursday morning. iPad shuffled to Heatwave, "All You Do is Diall", Rod Temperton.  Back in the day when we studied album covers, you knew Rod Temperton and Heatwave were synonymous. Wonderful writer. He'll be missed. Third day in with training on inserting sharp needles. Of course there was an issue. Of course. My plan was to write about how it's going good and how well I felt this morning. Well dialysis always has surprises for you. Bleah. 

I'm getting fussed over and loved by my nurses.  Who by the way are the only 2 of 3 nurses in southern Nevada....get that. The entirety of the southern part of the state. ...the only 2 who train  home hemo dialysis. Some of their patients are up to 4 hours away. Yikes.  Anyway. I successfully stick myself.  We discuss if I should come on Friday and bam. The machine dings.  Arterial flow issues.  The access expert guy comes in to work the needles. Long story short, it takes 10 minutes to fix. This is while I got half my blood in the machine. I get dizzy...the cue that I'm getting ready to pass out..wth??...and have to recline. Blood pressure drop and literally a loss of blood.....because treatment had started and well, blood was in the machine...hence loss of blood.  Well it wasn't lost, we knew where the blood was, it just wasn't in me. Heh. My nurse ended up returning my blood back. It's impressive how I can from passing out to feeling fine within seconds.  So anyway I'll be back tomorrow. Michael Jackson, "Butterflies".  And yes, now treatment is going fine now.  

I was also going write about our car. We got a fancy Ford Escape in May. Way more junk and features than we needed but they gave us an offer we couldn't refuse. We really just needed a vehicle to transport the "portable" dialysis machine. Anyway. The car beeps when another vehicle is too close....which is often. The car bitches and whines if a semi truck pulls up next to us. Today a motorcycle raced by us and the car complained. I find myself trying to reassure the car, "it's ok baby..the bad vehicle is gone now".  Lol.

War , "All Day Music". Lol. I wish I could carry a tune. With my headphones on I harmonize with the best of them.  So I'm doing treatment and all is well. Got an home hemo dialysis convention this weekend. And Sunday I have a fancy luncheon. I'll be glad when this weekend is over. 

That's it for today. I'll leave you with the Dramatics, "Door to Your Heart". It's fall out here highs mid 80s. Loving it out here.  And my friends on the east coast stay safe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment