Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, March 21, 2014

The "It Was Supposed to Be a Good Day, But....", edition.

.....here I am sitting in my dialysis chair oxygen tubes in my nose.  iPad shuffled to Roy Ayers, "You Send Me". Which is fine.  I'm not feeling like head bopping or chair dancing right now. I slept horribly last night. I had digestive issues.  When that subsided I woke up thirsty every hour.  I was desert in my mouth thirsty. :(   When it was time to wake up, I took Immodium.  There were no bagels.  I got toast w strawberry cream cheese.  :(   Toast, good. Strawberry cream cheese, yuck. I am a savory person.

Big Daddy Kane, "I Get the Job Done".  "... I work, baby".  I did the slow sleepy walk into the clinic.  My partner wasn't / isn't in his chair.  He wasn't in on Monday either.  So when he was here on Wednesday, he was on the machine for 4 hours, with oxygen.  He may have come in on other days.  I hope so. Anyway, I go to my chair, do my routine.  The tech hooks me up.  The machine did something funky. At the same time, I had a mild burning in my chest and I got warm.  At best all I can say I felt funny.  My breathing got shallow. I asked or oxygen.  I got it and I'm feeling better.   I don't like feeling like this.  It's always something, isn't it?  I almost passed on writing this morning.   Oh yeah. The pharmacy called and said my phosphourus binders now. It's $700.00 to refill.  :-O   I need to talk to my social worker and doc.  Adventures in dialysis indeed. 

 Grand Master Flash and the Furious Five, "White Lines".  So last week Brian and I attended an acrylic painting class.  You know.  Try something new. The last time I painted was when I was in high school.   And that was watercolor. For this class, all we had to do was show up.  All supplies were provided.   The class was fun.  We basically imitated the instructor.  We ended up with a nice fall landscape. The paintings look pretty nice.  Each one took on the vision of the individual student.  The instructor, Steve Wood apparently has had tv show...on how to paint.  Lol.  He was entertaining and engaged us.  We're looking forward to next month's class.  I'll take a photo of our work this weekend. You can vote oh whose landscape you like best. Mine or Brian's. ;-).   We also are in watercolor class.  Big difference from acrylics. I'm liking it also. I'm in the middle of painting a pear.  It's taking time.  Lol. For just a pear.  :-D   

Johnny Kemp, "Just Got Paid". Admit it, you sang this song on Friday...when you paid. Lol. Finally, last Saturday, we attended a surprise party for Brian's aunt.  Her 85th birthday!!  The hall was packed.  The Fields love a family get together.  With the exception of 2 of her siblings who've past, her other 5 were there.  Kids, grandkids, great grandkids, nieces, nephews.  Well over 100 people on attendance.  And yes, she was surprised!!   She made sure she spoke to everyone there and even did the hustle!!!  What a great time!  :)   The only Fields party that surpassed that was Grandmother Fields 100th birthday.  When I went to wish grandmother Fields happy birthday and remind her who I was, she cut me off and told me I was Brian's wife. Lol.  I also enjoyed seeing her sons, most of them senior citizens, dote on her.  Lol. :-)  When we got her thank you note for the gift, she said she bought a fur coat with the "gifts" she received!  

Well that's it for today.  I still have the oxygen tubes up my nose. But the machine has quit beeping.  My Wendell is back in the hospital, so I'll be checking in on him this weekend.  We gotta get him ready for the National Kidney Foundation Walk in May.  I have a few walkers and am looking for more.   

Have a great weekend.  Signing of with Beyounce, "Love on Top".  This is my happy song. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment