Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, March 24, 2014

The "A No Drama Day...So Far", edition.

iPad shuffled to "I Can't Help It", Michael Jackson. Written by Stevie Wonder, from Michael's Off the Wall album. So pretty.  I found a YouTube video of Stevie performing the song.  I got sidetracked listening to Stevie's live performance.  Nice. :)  My weekend was uneventful.  Some people came by to see the furniture. I have takers. Yay!!!!

I finally took photos of our acrylic paintings.  Created in two hours.  We're going back.  :)  My dog is aging rapidly now. :-(  She has glaucoma.  We figure she can make out shapes, but she walks into walls.  A few weeks ago she heard the front door open. When she hears that she runs to see who's there.  This time she got up a head of steam and ran into the TV. :(   She'll still head toward the door, but won't run now. She also has arthritis.  When she gets up, it takes a moment to get the limp out.  She also gets coughing spells.  We're giving her lots of love. :)

Kool Moe Dee, "Wild Wild West".  I like the video in addition to just the song. Yes. I have his CD. And yes. I still prefer him to LL Cool J. Yeah. I said it. Quiet day on the dialysis front.  We've had enough adventures for a while.  There are only four of us here in the module this morning.  You know I get concerned when my module peeps are missing.  Big guy isn't here. He comes in late every now and then, so we'll see.  New lady with the big braid bun isn't here either.  Old dude came in with a wheelchair on Friday. I always tell him to be good. He laughs and tells me no.  Friday he said maybe he could be a little good. Lol. He has no wheelchair today.  I guess he was a little good for the weekend.  Young guy...although he may not be as young as I think...is here.  My partner is back, hooked up oxygen and taking off a sifgnicant amount of fluid. :(   Quit missing days. :(

On February 12 I wrote about a chair incident.  The offending chair is still off to the side of the walkway.  lol.   My first shift module is a (relatively) drama free module. Partner has gone ballistic once in a while. And the clinic itself is pretty quiet for first shift. But man, around 9:00 when second shift comes in, let the drama begin!!  At least my module.  There's this one guy that comes early and gets a little pissed because his chair isn't ready.  Well, if you come in a 1/2  hour later...your scheduled time...the first patient will be finished.  You won't have to stand there getting pissed because chair isn't ready. Geez. 

 Cranky lady #2 only wants to sit at certain stations and I see her point.  Her access is in her thigh. She needs the privacy curtains to get the stick. My station doesn't have the curtains.  But very now and then someone wants to put her here. She was asked about shorts, but got an attitude.  Lol. Wear them under the skirt or dress.  Oh yeah, she does wear pants. ...so yeah.  Then there's nice cranky #1 lady.  Some days she's fine. Other days she's at Defcon 1.  Run for cover.  Well her ire is directed at certain members of the staff.  

There are signs in the waiting area saying food and drink are prohibited in the treatment area.  Second shift comes in with buffets. :-/   Chips, Cheetos, Mountain Dew, sandwiches, watermelon. Notice these are foods that we shouldn't have.  They even have people delivering this stuff during treatment. *sigh*.   The staff attempts to enforce, but what are the consequences of noncompliance?   Bobby Womack, "Looking For A Love".  A little misongynistic, but consider the era.  Still makes the head bop. :)  Well, I did mention that people have other issues in addition to dialysis. 

Signing out.  I need to check my brackets. One year I won the office pool, thanks some Gonzaga wins early on.  Why did I pick Gonzaga?  I liked the name.  Lollololololol. Signing off with Nicole Henry, "Waters of March".  Nice jazz flow vocals with the piano.  And really. Waters of March. Appropriate title.  Enjoy your day. :) 



1 comment:

  1. Like both of the pictures -- but I think the bottom one is my favorite. It has a bigger tree to read under. :)

    ReplyDelete