Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, March 28, 2014

The "You've Got Mail", edition.

iPad shuffled to The O'Jays, "For The Love of Money". I heard they didn't want to record this song.  They didn't like it. Lol. It's their signature song. I know we partied to this song the summer I graduated fro high school.  Besides, check out the bass. :)

I got mail this week. Snail mail. Email. UPS.  Let's start with UPS.  Brian and I go to water aerobics. My swimsuit has a skirt thing. I really like my swimsuit, but the skirt gets in the way of the exercises.  I also show a lot of boob. Lol.  I took a photo last summer to show my vascular surgeon me in the pool with the fabulous fistula he made.  However, I thought I looked like I was flashing him. Lol. Anyway I ordered a new swimsuit without a skirt.  I also have turned into a purse addict. I don't know where that came from.  Anyway. Macy's had a purse I wanted. Last week it was on sale and I was able to take 20% of the sale price!!  At that point, I was supposed to order the purse. And I did. So my package came on Wednesday. I wore the swimsuit to class on Wednesday. The purse is looking pretty in the closest right now.  Just wait until the weather gets warmer.  :)

 Guns and Roses, "Welcome to the Jungle".  Crank up the volume.  Lol.  I'm rocking in the chair.  On to email.  I received the request and confirmation from the National Kidney Foundation of Michigan (NKFM) to man The NKF booth at the Project a Healthy Liviing table Health Fair this Saturday at Bert's in Eastern Market. I wondered why we were asked.  The NKFM people met me and Brian during the peer mentoring training. I'm kind of taken aback that they asked us, but I guess we look like the volunteering type of people.  Lol. And yeah, I'm looking forward to doing it.  Lol. I must be so transparent.  I have a link about the health fair below. 

Teena Marie and Kurupt, "Ooh Wee". Love love Teena's voice. Snail mail. Wednesday I received my packet for the National Kidney Foundation of Michigan Zoo Walk on May 18, 2014.  The envelope was addressed to me and underneath was the name of the team, Pat's Adventures. :)   Next week I'll set up the web site so people can sign up. My Wendell has been very sick and he will probably not be able to walk, but he wants us to push him in his wheelchair.  I am so game for this.  Please join us. 

The Originals, "Baby I'm For Real". Those strings you hear are compliments of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra.  I recall seeing footage of the members of the DSO in the Motown recoding studios. :)  My final snail mail was a letter from the Detroit Medical Center, DMC, that my status on the transplant list is being maintained.  March 18, I had an appointment with the transplant team to evaluate my status.  I passed, I guess.  Lol. I was good.  I never missed a dialysis session, even when I was out of town. When I had to go to ER, I called the clinic and told them I'd be in when I got out. And I did show up...chock full of muscle relaxant and Valium (!).  When the peer mentoring was held on dialysis day, I made arrangements to go the next day.  When we went Florida, I scheduled my flight so I'd arrive home and would be able to dialyze at my center on the 3rd shift that day.  My labs were consistently good. (Except the bean incident and the pistachios incident - lol.  The dietician gave me a pass since I confessed). 

I'll have to repeat 2 tests, but that's nothing. The thing that puzzled me was I started the process to get on the list in March of last year. I was placed on the list in July.  In my mind, a year wasn't up. But you know what?  As long as I'm still eligible and still on the list. Yay!!!!

We'd like to see you at the health fair tomorrow and we'd love it if you join our walking team. Signing off with The Jackson 5, "Looking Through the Windows". Have a great weekend!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment