Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, June 9, 2014

The "Land of Lincoln, Part 1", edition.

iPad shuffled to George Benson, "Turn Your Love Around". R&B George. I like it.  Late entry today and no entry since last Wednesday. Was visiting Shawn. She's in Springfield, Illinois. Middle of the state, state capital of Illinois, county seat, home of the tallest building in Illinois outside of Chicago, and the location of all things Abraham Lincoln. Seriously. Lol.

This will be a multi-entry story.  We left Friday via Amtrak. And of course I have a backstory. Of course.  Lol.  The plan was to visit her before we made the move to Las Vegas. Before I made the reservations, she let us know she'd be working in Springfield.  She gave us the dates so I made our reservations.  The train timetables were perfect. There was a train leaving at 11:45AM on Friday for Chicago with a reasonable layover before catching a train to Springfield. Yay!!  That meant I could go to dialysis at my regular time on Friday. I made the reservations. I got business class so we'd have access to Metro Lounge while waiting in Chicago. Business class seats would also be more comfortable, since I would be coming straight off treatment.  It was perfect !!!  I made the reservations in early April. I need to do that early because I also have to get reservations for dialysis. 

Kashif, "Help Yourself to My Love". Well, in early May, I get (multiple) messages from Amtrak.  I call them. I'm informed that my train is canceled. What they really meant was they discontinued that train for at least the month of June. :-x  Ugh.  The train now leaves at 6:06 AM.  On Friday. I need to figure out how to get the dialysis treatment done. 

The Persuaders, "Thin Line a Between Love and Hate". "She going to fool you one day". Watch out now.  I've schedule dialysis in Springfield,  I don't want to change that. I come up with an idea!!  I change the train to the 6:06 AM time. It actually came out less and Amtrak refunded the different immediately.  I talked with my social worker tech and told her I'd like to double up on Wednesday and Thursday and skip Friday. The charge nurse agreed. So now I'm on!  I'm ready to go to Springfield, Illinois!!  I'm somewhat concerned that I'll have a while between treatment.  I'll have to be really vigilant about my fluid intake. ....



No comments:

Post a Comment