Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, June 30, 2014

The "I'm Sleepy So It's a Hodgepodge of Stuff", edition.

iPad shuffled to The Jackson 5, "The Love You Save".  Every time I hear this, I do the dance.  J5 fans know the dance I'm talking about.  Lol. Every single time. I told you I was the J5 demographic. J5 forever!!!!  The past 2 nights I haven't sleep more 3-4 hours per night. Nor have I napped much. I'm tired. This seems to be a normal occurrence for a percentage of people with kidney failure.  On the Facebook dialysis group I belong to, it's not unusual for members to be up and post about still being awake. I've experienced this since I started dialysis. I actually sleep more than I did a year ago.  My nephrologist gave me Ambien. I didn't see much difference. But Whoo. I read the side effects.  I never experienced the side effects ( that I'm aware of ).  I passed on the refill.  Hopefully I'll take a nap during treatment. I'm also that person that won't/can't sleep while hooked up. I guess I'm to nosy. I have to see what the staff is doing. Lol.

Tavares, "Check It Out". I just cranked up the volume, closed my eyes and started swaying. :-)     Moving forward on the move.  Just about done sorting through the photographs. Wow. There are photos I hadn't seen in decades.  Photos of my mother. She was hot!  Lol. I know some will say. "What?  Aunt Frances?"  Yes indeed.  I'll have to scan some of the photos. I'll post the one I have the night mom and dad (eloped) got married. There are a lot of her and her first husband.  He was a Tuskegee Airman. He died of lupus in their 3rd year of marriage. There are also scads of photos given to her from assorted soldiers and sailors. Photos of her at Michigan State Normal College, better known now as Eastern Michigan University. Dad and I would tease her. Told her it was better to go to a normal college than an abnormal college. <rimshot>.  Btw, a normal college was a teachers college back in the day. 

"Nights Over Egypt", Incognito. I really wanted the Jones Girls version but it wasn't available. Ignoito's version has a faster tempo.  It's still good, though.  Found lots of photos of Shawn through all stages. I loved looking at my baby, my toddler, my little girl, my big girl, my adolescent, my teenager, my high school graduate, my college student, my college graduate, my grad student, my ballerina, my basketball player, my soccer player, my T-Ball player, my softball player....and on and on. Lol. I loved looking at the dog Brian and I got when got married, Clark the giant poodle.  I loved looking at my mom's dog we inherited after my parents moved to Las Vegas.  Yes, we had a baby, and old cranky mini-toy poodle and a young exuberant standard poodle, all in our 2 bedroom bungalow. Great times!!

Eric Benet, "Georgy Porgy", featuring Faith Evans. Photos of aunts, uncles, great aunts, great uncles, a great great uncle, grandparents, great grand parents, dad growing up, my favorite cousin who was a casualty of the Vietnam war, my brother. I will be giving away many of these photos. I am looking forward to forward to transfer photos to my younger cousins. When I was a child, I loved looking at the photos and my parents would tell me about the people I was looking at. I was surprised that I could identify people in pictures I hadn't seen in decades. I also wrote who these people were on the photos. I ran across way to many unidentifiable people.  I went through 5 large boxes this weekend and have 1 more box to go. Huge boxes. A lot will be disposed of. Including photos from moms first marriage. No hate. I don't know those people. And yes, it's been discussed with Brian and Dad.  

Lou Rawls, "It Was a Very a Good Year".  Finally, I got some very distressing news this weekend.  My Wendell is dying. His body is shutting down. He's been fighting the infections since October 2013. He's had a breathing tube and a feeding tube since March. The feeding tube upset me because my mom had one and it was never removed.  His doctors recommended "do not rescusitate" to his family.  The last time I visited him, he'd lost so much weight.  He is 6'6".  He may haved weighed 130?  He couldn't talk because of the breathing tube. BUT he was cognizant and communicative. Even if I can't read lips. We still had a good time.  I will visit him this week. We've known each other since we were about 12 years old.  He's my brother. I love him very much. 

Signing off with Michael Jackson,  "Got To Be There".  Stay cool. Hot and humid. Yuck. On the flip side, it's 107 in Vegas....with no humidity. Hello frying pan!!!   Lol.  +1 for central air.  Best upgrade to the house ever!!!!!   Photo of Mom and Dad.  Photo Clark the poodle.

No comments:

Post a Comment