Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The "The Thunderstorm and The Graduation Story".

iPad shuffled to Johnny Kemp, "Just Got Paid". Party starter!  Thunderstorms woke me around 4:30 this morning. Ugh. And now I feel as if my blood pressure is bouncing. My heart rate is low...for me.  I may stop writing for a few minutes. And on top of everything, Comcast is out.  Lol. Patients restless!!  My tv has closed caption. Sometimes I'll listen to the music while watching the tv.  Anyway, the lightning was nonstop from the time I awoke through the time I arrived at the center at 6:00 AM this morning.

Beyoncé, "Me, Myself and I".  (..I'm gonna be my own best friend"). In 2010, my niece in Texas graduated from college. The ceremony was on a Saturday. Brian, Shawn and I flew out from Detroit on Friday. Much to our surprise and delight, my mother-in-law (Gramma) and her sister (Auntie) were on the same flight. Niece's dad (Dad) was on another flight on a different airline.  Let's just call it out ...we were on Delta and he was on a Continental.  Lol.  At this time I was having trouble walking. My back and knee hurt and I was getting the ortisone shots in my back and knees. I wasn't looking forward to walking through airports, but I'd had the back injection so I was prepared.  The early beginnings of the kidney failure. :(  Gramma and Auntie were in the airport wheelchairs getting pushed and suggested I get one.  I wasn't quite ready. I wasn't in my 70s like them!!  Harrumph!!!  Lol. 

"You Put a Move on My Heart", Tamia and Quincy Jones. Loved this song the first time I heard it. :)  We boarded the plane to Dallas.  The plan was to arrive in Dallas, spend the night and head to Wichita Falls on Saturday for the graduation ceremony.  Afterwards, we'd head  to Houston (where Sister-in-law lives) for the party the next day. Sister-in-law (Sister) made the transportation arrangements and hotel reservations.  The flight was uneventful...and then.....

Average White Band, "A Love of Your Own". The pilot announces there were strong thunderstorms in Dallas.  We were being diverted to Memphis. When we land, head to the Delta counter and talk with a representative and don't worry about your luggage, "thanks for flying Delta".  Yeah. So every flight in the south was diverted to Memphis. What a zoo of humanity. :-(   We eventually were sent to gate and checked in. After several hours the weather cleared and flights were heading out again. But now we are encroaching on flights that had already been booked. Gramma and Auntie got on a flight. As a matter of fact, they were the last 2.  If 1 more seat was available, it would gave gone to Shawn. She was next on the list. Aw well. And oh by the way, that was the last flight to Dallas for the night.  We were going to miss the graduation. *sigh*. 

Beyoncé, "Love on Top". "Every time you touch me, I just melt away", "you're the one I love, you're the one I need". :-)  Whoo feeling better.  Wonder why my blood pressure was playing games this morning?  We let Sister know Gramma and Auntie were on their way, but my family was stuck in Memphis overnight.  Well, since she worked for Delta, she got us some vouchers for a hotel (Hilton, I think). We head out to catch the bus.  The line is primarily Delta employees and it's announced the hotel was taking only Delta employees. *sigh*. Tons of stranded people are trying to get to any hotel. 

Eddie Money, "Two Tickets to Paradise". Lol lol. This trip was not paradise.  We catch the first van to pull up.  We were on our way to America's a Best Value Inn and Suites.  Someone in the van was complaining. So I took a poll. People were heading north got diverted, people heading east got diverted. People heading west got diverted. Someone in the van asked if the hotel was hear a party store so he could get some beer. The van driver not only said no, but it wouldn't be safe to leave the hotel proper.  Uh oh. At least the driver stopped somewhere so he could get some beer.  Oh yeah, we had no luggage. Just our carry ons. Here's some advice. Carry your toothbrush and toothpaste in your carry ons!!   To be continued....oh by the way.  The traveler on Continental got to dallas with problems at all.  

Signing off with ... Deep breath... "Stuff Like That", Ashford and Simpson, Brandy, Chaka Khan, Charlie Wilson, Quincy Jones and Ray Charles.  You know that's from Q's Juke Joint. Thunderstorms all day. I like 'em!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment