Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, June 27, 2014

The "So Much Time, So Little To Do. Reverse That.", edition.

Thank you Willie Wonka (Gene Wilder). iPad  shuffled to Ray Charles, "What'd I Say", Pts 1 & 2. Wish I could play piano like that. But since I'm not willing to put in the time and effort, I'll just enjoy listening to Ray play.  :-)  lol. It's hard to type and listen to him. I want to jump up and dance.  So much to do, so little time.  We're just about done purging stuff from the house. The Junk Commander  (like the name?) should have one final load. After he comes I'll schedule the remaining furniture to be moved out. I think we should donate the canned goods to a church.  Oh yeah, the pots and pans and small appliances need to go. Even the fryer!!

The Stylstics, "Stop, Look and Listen (To Your Heart)". Russell Thompkins, Jr.'s voice...swoon.  I turned in the transfer paperwork on Wednesday. Here's the drill. I get the transient form from my social worker. I call the transient dialysis clearing house (that's what I call it - lol). They ask questions..where am I going?  How long am I staying?  What type of access?  Days I dialyze?  How long?  Yadda, Yadda, Yadda. They ask my address of the travel location and find dialysis clinics in the zip code. They give me a reference number. Then the calls and paperwork dance starts with the proposed clinic and my home clinic.   This time was just a bit different because it's a permanent move. 

Jackson 5, "I Want You Back".  Always a J5 fan. I am that demographic. Right age at the right time. :)   I've been asked about the changing of the doctors.  The dialysis clinics have nephrologists associated with them. I'll be assigned one. If I don't like her/him, I'll shop around. I may shop around anyway.  I hope I get MWF first shift. I doubt I will. So I've scheduled my last session here on a Friday and at my new center on Monday. Let's not miss a beat. Oh yeah, dialysis Friday morning. Leave for Las Vegas Friday afternoon!  

Little Beaver, "Party Down, Pt. 1". I have a cousin from Chicago called Little Beaver. Never heard of him or seen him until he showed up at a family reunion years ago. Our reunions are in a pretty rural area.  (Read country). He's the guy that showed up in the silk short set with 'gators. ;-)  He never came to any more reunions that I know of. I had to ask my father where Little a Beaver was on the family tree. He knew!  And now, so do I.  I've already shipped my winter clothes. We are still going through photos.   We put them in 3 categories. My cousins on my mom's side. My cousin on my dad's side. My greatuncle's grandkids.  Found photos of my dad's mother's siblings from the 40s. I'm thinking it was a good thing I liked to look at the photos with my parents when I young so I can recognize these people. 

The Delphonics, "Lala a Means I Love You". I have to make reservations to go to Denver for a wedding in mid August. I also have to make reservations to go to New Orleans at the end of August for my mother-in-law's birthday party. And fly Shawn down for that. Yes, we'll be flying to those locations from Vegas.  The dates work well that I should not only not miss treatment, but I won't need to dialyze away from my home (Las Vegas) center!! 

Michael Jackson, "I Can't Help It". And this doesn't include change of address, changing banks. I have to update the medical insurance (based regionally).  So so much to do.  And after saying all that, I'm not stressed.  I'm excited. Lol. 

Signing out with The Whisper, "Keep on Lovin' Me".  "Hey Scottie!!  What's that mean?" Cute little twins!!  Enjoy the day. I heard it's going to get really hot over the weekend. Oh yeah. When I talked to dad the other day he tells me the temperature in Vegas is 110.     :-(    Yikes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment