Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, December 26, 2014

The "The Aftermath!", edition.

 I shuffled to Mark Ronson, "Uptown Funk (featuring Bruno Mars)".  Starting out dialysis with funked up chair dancing. "If we show up, we're gonna show out". Nope. Not tired of it yet. The perfect song for 5:00 AM. Wake you up!  Lol. This is probably why I'm one of the few who doesn't sleep during treatment. I'm funking out in my chair. And let's add this. My headphones sort of fell apart on Tuesday.  Brian, being wasn't standing for that. He and Shawn "needed" to go to Fry's anyway. You remember Fry's.  It's Best Buy and Micro Center and Game Stop on steroids with a touch of Toys R Us and a touch of Barnes and Nobles, a sprinkle of Staples with a restaurant.  Talk about one stop shopping!  I got sidetracked by a bin of Play Doh, the sidetracked by cash registers. For sale, of course. Anyway. They went to Fry's and picked me up a new headphone. My Skull Candy head phones were fine. But this time they got me Bose!!  Merry Christmas.  These puppies are canceling out all noise in addition to a great sound.  

Rick James and Teena Marie, "Fire and Desire".  I had purchased all of the gifts. Brian had wanted a set from The Art of Shaving, but when we were at Costco a few weeks ago,  he drooled over a watch. I told him to pick one. The watch or the shaving set. After (not to much deliberation) he picked the watch. So I bought it for him. But because Brian is such a great Brian I decided to get him the other gift. So on Christmas Eve at 8:00 AM I went to Macy's and got the shaving set for him.  When I got home we went back out to get last minute stuff for Christmas dinner. 

The O'Jays, "Darlin', Darlin' Baby (Sweet and Tender Love).  So what did I need at the last minute?  Well, the bakeware and serveware was a problem. I needed 2 3 quart casseroles, 2 serving platters, another gravy boat and another serving fork. Brian needed a meat thermometer.  That was a quick stop at Target. Then off to the grocery store. I needed the fixin's for Snacks for Dad and Carl while they watched basketball before dinner on Christmas Day.  They had cheese and crackers, Chex mix (courtesy of Brian) and champagne. :-D. Got back home and it's time to cook!! 

Otis Redding, "Mr. Pitiful". So what was the menu?  Shawn pretty much wanted me to duplicate Thanksgiving dinner since she was in illinois at that time. We did roast beef instead of ham. So the final menu was Roast beef, Honey Baked Ham smoked turkey breast, macaroni and cheese, stuffing, green beans, candied sweet potatoes, rice with mushrooms, onions and beef broth  and potato salad. Rolls, roast beef gravy and turkey gravy, a relish tray with small sweet pickles and small dill pickles and green and black olives.  Yes it was a lot. And I made a lot. AND. I sent Brian out for desert, he came back with 4 pies and ice cream. *sigh*. Pumpkin, Apple, cherry and pecan.  Potato salad done on Monday. Green beans done on Tuesday.  Dressing and candied sweet potatoes done on Wednesday.  That left macaroni and cheese, the rice and gravies for Christmas Day.  Brian did the Chex mix Christmas Eve.  He started prepping the roast beef on Tuesday.  And yes it was delicious. Lol. On Christmas Day I'm like we forgot horseradish sauce!!!!  Brian rolled his eyes and said we're fine. Lol. 

Stevie Wonder, "Do I Do".  We expected 8 for dinner, but one person was sick. Well you know what?  I made way too much food.  Lol. The menu was huge and those 3 quart casserole dishes were provably a bit much. Lol. It's all good. I planned to send good home with our guests.  And bring a plate for my dialysis tech. :)  And you know what else?  I enjoyed every minute of it!!  Shawn, Brian and Dad helped.  We were together and just had a grand time.  Carl, Dad and Pauline enjoyed being together again. And I was delighted that we could facilitate it. Pauline brought her niece who was visiting from Atlanta. She thanked me and Brian for keeping an eye on Pauline. It is absolutely our pleasure. I love seeing the 3 of them enjoying each other's company.  And they all have an open invitation to join us for dinner anytime!  

Signing out with Usher "Yeah", featuring Lil' Jon and Ludacris". On the dialysis front, I kind managed the fluid intake. I did have some coffee with Baileys on Christmas morning. Yum. It's quiet in center. And now that Christmas dinner is over, Shawn's vegan friend flies in today!!  And now it's cold here. 40 degrees this morning!  I wore a hat. :-(    ;-D  Have a great day. Still on the holiday schedule. The next entry will be on Sunday, December 28, 2014. See you then. :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment