Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, December 19, 2014

The "I Miss My Dog", edition.

iPad shuffled to Five Special, "Why Leave Us Alone". I love the arrangement of this song. So much detail. And of course my friend Tony "T Money" Green on bass. And yes I liked the song long before I knew Tony played on it. They're Detroit talent. The lead singer is Brian Banks, younger brother of Ron Banks of The Dramatics, from Detroit. What?  I live in Las Vegas, you say?  I left Detroit willingly and happily?  Sure, but I'm still from Detroit!!!  I grew up in Detroit and lived there most of my life.  I'm all about Vernor's, American Coney Island, Kowalski meats, Better Made, Faygo, Cobo, Hart Plaza, cruising down the Detroit River, Ferndale, the Zoo, a quizillion apple orchards, Franklin Cider Mill, 1917 Bistro,  Belle Isle, DIA, Detroit Tigers, Red Wings and Lions. :-D.  I can go on and on. 

Al Green, "Love and Happiness". And yes, Al Green lived in Detroit for a while. Ha! Bet you didn't know that!  I want to thank everyone who sent birthday wishes. Lol. I'm typing to the beat.  And it's a one finger type thing on the iPad. My right index finger ought to be really strong after all this time!  I digress. I loved hearing from everyone. :)  it was much appreciated. 

Gladys Knight and the Pips, "Everybody Needs Love". I went to download a song from Gladys on iTunes and there was a greatest hits album on sale. Like 14 songs for $5,00. It was an offer I couldn't refuse!  No real news on the dialysis front. On day 3 of the 5 day set (every other day for 9 days).  Yelling lady has been gone for a while. No idea how she is. Hispanic lady across fromme is back. My lower access didn't want to bleeding on Wednesday.  The tech suggested to the nurse that the dose of heparin get decreased. Heparin is a blood thinner. It helps to prevent my blood from clotting during treatment. Clottings during dialysis sucks in so many ways. The clots can gunk up the works in the machine. The tubing, dialyzer, or the thing that pools the blood. And you can see the clots. Ugh. The blood can also clot my access.  Of the the things that can happen, that's the worse. That causes the access to not work. When that happens, the best case scenario is having an angiogram to clear it.  The worst case is it ceases to work and I have to go through a series of surgeries. One to get a temporary chest access (catheter). ;-(  And one to get a new access (fistula)...which takes time to mature to be usable. Don't want that. At all. So why was the heparin dosage lowered?  I tended to bleed for a considerable amount of time after the needles were pulled. I mean like 20 minutes or more. Yes, the clotting needs to be controlled during treatment, but I do need to clot eventually!  Lol. Well, that was long.  

The Natural Four, "Can This Be Real". I miss my dog. A lot. I've a dog almost continually since I was 10 years old. Victor, my black mini-toy poodle, was my first. The came Maury the demon dog, also a black mini toy poodle  He was mostly mom's dog but we kept him when my parents moved to Las Vegas. We already had Clark the white standard poodle, when we got Maury. Good times!!!  Lol. And finally Jade, the West Highland White Terrier (Westie), which Shawn selected.  I liked poodles but the westie was a whole new experience!!!  Let's just say I turned into the crazy westie lady. Sigh. Anyway, the condo doesn't allow pets (although some people have snuck in cats-lol). So you know what happened?  Brian bought me the most life like stuffed westie for our anniversary!!!  I named him George. Any fans of Warner Brothers cartoons will get it.  George is actually a reasonable facsimile. I can hug him and squeeze him....  So maybe some day we'll move somewhere that is pet friendly, but George will have to do for now. Still, I miss having a live dog. If we're out on Saturdays and the strip mall has a Petco or Pet Smart, we always go look at the dogs looking to be adopted and drop a few dollars in the box for dog food for the shelter. I am a dog person and I miss having a dog. 

Signing off with New Edition, "If It Isn't Love". The next time I record an entry my baby will be here!!  Loving forward to seeing her. It's been 4 months. Lol. That's not really that long, is it?  Well it's long enough for me!!  Have a great day. See you Sunday!  




3 comments:

  1. How could I miss your birthday! Blessings on one more year. You are becoming philosophical in senior years! 'You don't know what you don't know'. I think it was in your last post...Still chewing on that one.

    Still missing you. Stay encouraged. Blessings to you, Brian, Shawn and Dad (and George) for 2015 and beyond.
    Ann-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I got the joke, I will name him George. I will love him and rub him and squeeze him and pet him. You are so silly, you know I thought of you watching A Charlie Brown Christmas as always. Those were good times weren't they. Miss you girl and tell Brian and your dad I said hi. I will let you know when I will be coming west

    ReplyDelete
  3. And we still do the dance when the song comes on when we watch Charlie Brown Christmas!! Miss you right back.

    ReplyDelete