Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The "It's My Birthday!!!", edition.

iPad shuffled to "Heaven's Girl", Ron Isley, Charlie Wilson, Aaron Hall, R. Kelly, Naomi Campbell, Quincy Jones. From the album, Q's Jook Joint.  My buddy is back. I'm going to start calling him Mustang Mac. He drives a mustang. Lol. Am I clever or what?  Anyway. His access, the fistula, stopped working on Friday. The doctors couldn't get it working. He had to get the chest catheter in order to dialyze. He went 4 days without treatment. That's some scary shitl. But he's ok now. Was glad to see him back.  I call that a happy birthday gift!  Walker Guy wasn't there when I arrived and walked through the doors at 4:45.  He did come in a few minutes later. It was just a case of late bus. Whew!  But little Hispanic lady who sits across from me isn't here. As always, I hope she's ok.  

"Butterflies", Michael Jackson. Today is my birthday.  I've made it through another year!!  Whoo hoo!!  This whole being alive, staying alive, having a reasonable quality of life thing is precious. And dicey. I know you're tired of hearing about how I was 2 hours away from death, but it sure has given me a new perspective of life.  I seem to notice and marvel at the beauty of everything. I want to show my family and friends how much they mean to me, how much I love them, how much I appreciate them. Even when we disagree, I'm not interested in changing how they think, only that we exchange ideas and understand each other. We can agree to disagree.  I love y'all. 

Cream, "Sunshine Of Your Love".  I don't get stressed over much anymore. Hell, I even walk into dialysis with a smile. And even better, I leave with a smile....running to get the hell out of there!!!  Lol.  My point is, we have no idea what tomorrow will bring. And you can't worry about it because....you don't know what you don't know. Let the "what ifs" go. Just forge on and plan for the future. And enjoy your life. That alone will just make you feel good. :)

James Brown, "Get Up Offa That Thang".  I wanted to get Dad a new cell phone. His phone had to be at least 15 years old.  Lol. A friend referred me to Consumer Cellular. They work with seniors and have an AARP discount. Well, Dad's bill dropped from $70+ to under $25!!!!! And I was able to purchase an "easy mode" smart phone for him!!  The phone is my Christmas gift to him.  He gets to keep the bill. Lol.   He doesn't need a majority of smart phone features. We'll see how he takes to the phone. We're going see how he works with texting. Cross your fingers. He was able to keep his phone number. :)   Oh and yesterday the three of us went to look at colors to replace the vertical blinds. Geez, so many neutrals!!!  Lol. Anyway, afterwards it was lunchtime. We went to a Greek restaurant, "The Fat Greek". The 3 of us ordered The Fat Greek.  Lol. It's the largest gyro I'd ever seen. And they add feta to it. Now Detroit has Greektown with really great food but this gyro was the best  I've ever had.  And that's a pretty heady statement. And did I say it was huge?  Dad devoured it. Lol. He'd never had a gyro. We were pretty silent while eating with the exception of a few Mmmms and yummms.  Lol. 

Signing off with The Intruders, "Together". (Dance with Brian). Old school R&B. My plans for the day are  the same as most dialysis days. Go to breakfast. I want to go to Marys Hash House. So good and her homemade chipotle sauce is so good on her fresh made home fries...with peppers and onions. And her homemade apple butter  on the sourdough bread is just sweet enough. Brian prefers the jalapeno jelly. And she serves up coffee in regular or bold. I get bold. ;-)   After that we go home and I stumble into bed and take a nap. I may or may not go out later. But for sure, I'll functioning and ready to go the next day.  And that's  just fine with me.  As I stated before, I'm grateful to make it celebrate this birthday.  As I will be for every other birthday!!!  Have a fabulous day. Make sure you celebrate you today!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment