Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, December 15, 2014

The "It's Time For The Holiday Dialysis Schedule", edition.

Ipad shuffled to Steely Dan, "FM".  So what's up with Angelina Jolie having chickenpox.  And even more worrisome is the number of NHL players with the mumps!!  And the Detroit Lions have won 10 games. Brian and I were discussing the last time they won that many games in one season. I suggested it was when Wayne Fontes was coach. Rodney Peete and Barry Sanders. I checked and I guessed correctly. In 1991. Over 20 years ago. That's just sad. I must add I thought maybe Darryl Rogers. How far back did I go? Lol. 

Michael Jackson, "Butterflies".  I really like this song. So first things first. My buddy isn't here today.  On Friday his access stopped working. I don't know if it clotted or what. That it's not working isn't good at all. That access is our lifeline. Literally. Without that access there is no way to remove the extra fluid nor to remove the toxins. How precarious is the life of a person on dialysis. We may survive up to 6 weeks without treatment, but it's a miserable existence. The fluid builds up and we end up drowning in our fluids as the fluids makes its way to our lungs.  Gasping for air. Like a fish out if water. And the fluid makes its way to our lungs because without kidneys, we have no way dispose of wastes and toxins. Remember. A majority of people with kidney failure don't urinate. And if we do, the pee is clear because we aren't ridding our body of the toxins. Look at it like this. My body is doing its thing. Processing and moving stuff around. When it's time to dispose of the wastes, the waste products attempt to go to the kidneys. The kidneys say, sorry, we're out of business.  The wastes then look for a different place to go. Hey, those lungs look good, we'll just drop the fluids off there. The lungs are like, WTH?????  Stop stop!!!  Until the lungs just can't take it anymore.  

Michel'le,  "Something In My Heart".  The holiday schedule begins on Sunday, December 21. Now this may sound crazy, but I'm looking forward to it. Instead of MWF, weekend off, then MWF again, I go Monday (today) Wednesday, Friday, Sunday, Tuesday. Off Wednesdsy and Thursday. Then back to Friday, Sunday, Tuesday, off Wednesday and Thursday.  Then the downside. Back on Friday, weekend off (yikes) and back to my MWF schedule. So why am I looking forward to it?  I like that front load of 5 treatments without the weekend.  I can prepare for Christmas. If I overindulge in fluid intake, it's tempered with a next day removal, instead of having to endure the weekend. The downside is the back end of 2 days off, treatment, then 2 more days off. 5 days and only 1 treatment day in that 5 day period (yikes again). This is fine though. The patients and staff have Christmas Day and New Years Day off. But ultimately there is no vacation from dialysis. Except for the transplant. 

Beyonce, "Me, Myself and I". I've mentioned that Brian, Dad and I go to brunch every Sunday. We've expanded from the buffets (whew). We've been to a local seafood restaurant, Applebee's and yesterday we went to PF Changs. And by the way, he's found another Brazilian steak house he wants to try. He's still talking about Texas de Brazil. Lol. Anyway, we've been introducing cuisines that he's not familiar with. Not only restaurants, but our cooking also. And he's enjoying it. When he'd go out in the past, he'd order fish and chips. Always. I saw a hint of change last summer.  At Red Lobster he ordered the parmesan crusted tilapia!!!! I mean it was fish and chips, but not the fried kind.  And yesterday I had him try my hot and sour soup. He liked it. And he didn't order his stand by, that he's ordered his entire life, pepper steak. He ordered sriacha spicy chicken. And devoured it!!!  Lol. We're having fun with him on his food discovery journey. I'm enjoying being here with Dad and am so grateful that Brian is here also.  <3. 

Signing out with Maxwell, "Ascension, ( Don't Ever Wonder ).  I've jumped to hyper planning mode for the holiday. Most of the shopping is complete, bagged and under the "tree". I'll publish a photo of the "tree" soon. We had to get linen for the sofa bed.  We're expecting to feed 8, so we're planning the shopping list and adjusting the menu. Shawn is arriving Saturday!!! And we're planning for that. The condo is decorated as much as it's going to be. Shawn may put up lights. We'll see. And I can see the snow on the mountains. How nice. Especially since it stays there!!! Yeah!!!  Have a great day and revel in the Lions standing!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment