Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The "Redecorating an Apartment", edition.

 Ipad shuffled to Stevie Wonder, "Go Home".  I've mentioned that I've been redecorating the apartment. I'm sure if I've explained how we ended up moving into Dad's condo unit. That was not the plan. The plan was Brian, me and the dog would find a 3 bedroom condo in Vegas and Dad would move in with us.  Dad was on board.....with conditions. The conditions Brian I had were 3 bedrooms or 2 bedrooms and a den, single story and pet friendly. Dad added senior community, gated community and at least 1500 square feet. And on the east side of town. He wants easy access to Boulder Station. And of course Brian and I had a dollar limit. I asked to Dad to look for condos. He got a real estate agent for the task. 

Johnny "Guitar" Wayson, "Aint That a Bitch".  Heh. Apparently we were asking for the holy grail. A 3 bedroom unit in a senior community is almost nonexistent. 1500 square feet?  Hahaha. The 1500 square foot, 3 bedroom units can be found at.....the condo we live in!!!   Lol. Ain't that a bitch?  Lol. Except no pets. And Dad complained that the bedrooms were smaller in the units. Of course. Then he says,  "Why don't you move in with me until you find something you like". Uh huh. That was the plan all along. And you knw what?  I'm not going to disrupt his life by moving him. This has been his home girl over 20 years. And frankly after doing the work to move from Detroit to Las Vegas I wasn't ready to move again so soon. So here we are. 

The Gap Band, "Yearning For Your Love".  Some things had to be done in order for us to move into his unit. He gave us the master bedroom, with the king bed and he moved into the smaller bedroom with the double bed.  When we visited, Brian and I stayed in the small bedroom. I swear the double bed was a small double bed. Lol. If someone needed to turn,we'd have to turn together'. Lol. And the bed was impossibly low. With my mobility issues I had to bounce a lot to get some momentum to stand up. Lol. Now Dad offered his bed, but the matress was impossibly hard. I couldn't sleep on it. Last year, about a month before Christmas visit, we bought a king matress set and had it delivered to Dad. He'd already moved into the small bedroom in anticipation of us moving out there. See, he'd already planned this out. ;-/  

Heatwave, "Always and Forever".  So fast forward. Dad is clearing out a lot of Mom's stuff. This keeps Dad busy. The closest get emptied and the clothes get donated to Safe Nest. Mom had several sets of China and stemware (sound familiar?  Lol). Alrighty,  5:39 AM and yelling lady is here.  There were also 5-6 sets of cookware, 2 curio cabinets filled...FILLED with figurines. What was happening is Dad was in tandem with us in clearing out the stuff.  Mom had basically duplicated a lot of things in Las Vegas that she had in Detroit. 

Isaac Hayes, "Joy".  Once I arrived in July, I asked for the dresser to go. We needed room for maybe the computers or my home hemodialysis set up. Besides in addition to a monstrous dress,there was also chest and a recliner ( which was broken ) that had to go. Besides, the smaller bedroom had 3(!) chests.  We purchased a TV stand, 3 drawers chest for the bedroom. That took care of the TV and additional storage. The China cabinet left early on. Dad asked if I wanted any of the China or stemware and my answer was no. No place to store it. I missed the holiday sets, but not that much. For some reason Mom has about 20 place settings of the regular dishware. (?). 

Eddie Holman,  "Hey There Lonely Girl".  We finally we ready to tackle the living room. Mom was old school. No TV in the living room. With 3 of us in the condo, we needed the living room to be usable space. I also needed a sleeper for when Shawn came to visit. That, apparently, was going to be a challenge. 

Rick James, "Give it to Me, Baby". Chair dance!!  Yeah, I'll finish the decorating story of Friday. I want to mention how Dad even got to the gap Band. When I arrived in late July, brianand thecareermag were still in Detroit. Dad let me use his car. I changed his radio station from jazz to R&B. I forgot to change it back. He decided he liked the music when he drove, so stayed on the station.  He especially liked Stevie Wonder. So he's been listening to old school R&B. And The Gap was new to him. He liked to song, but couldn't quite get the lyrics!!!  
 
Signing off with  Tina Turner, "Proud Mary". I know Ike was an idiot, but I like his voice backing Tina in the first part of the song.  On the dialyisi front, I had a little bleed out on Monday. I got bandaged, but thr access decided it wanted to bleed more. I stood up to pack up and saw the bandage was turning red. I sat down and tech was on it. She took the bandage off and here the gushing of blood!  You need  to see me move and adjust do the blood stays on my left arm. Never on my clothes. I should quit dressing nice to go to treatment. Well, I won't wear white, but I see no need to look like bum. I'm old school I guess. If I think I look nice, I feel better. :-)  Have a great day!!  Photo of the living room before I changed it. Lol. This was my first attempt at a selfie in front of a mirror. Taken last year. Dad figured it out for me!!  Lolololol. 



1 comment:

  1. Pardon the typos. I forgot to edit. I think it's still readable.

    ReplyDelete