Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, April 20, 2015

The "It's Hot Tub Time Again!", edition.

Good morning. The weather has been pretty nice out here. Not too hot yet, but I know it's coming. Last week Dad said its time to get back to the hot tub. I think he and Brian last went in early  November. Was too chilly for me, but that was it for the winter. And yes, the hot tub was open all year. Lol. So this morning it was about 70 degrees at 7:00AM. The three of us headed for the hot tub. It was sunny and no clouds on the sky. And the water was just fine. 15 minutes of pure relaxation.  Monday mornings are hot tub days now.  

Yesterday, Dad hung out with Carl so Brian and I did brunch alone. Brian wanted to go to a movie. We went to brunch at Texas Station because they also have a movie theater. Brunch was pretty nice. Texas Station has a made to order Tacos Pastor station in addition to the omelet station. Brian selected the movie. We saw Furious 7. I've never seen any of the movies in the franchise. Well. This movie was non stop action. Lol. My heart couldn't take it. My only complaint was not enough of "The Rock". But he came through when needed. :)  I enjoyed. A great movie to just get lost in. Just go with it. Lol. And the best part was since we went after eating, no snacks, no drinks. :)  The stunts and special effects were worth the suspension of belief!  

Dialysis is still just something we do. I go to the center tomorrow for my monthly checkup and replenish my supplies.  Talk about down to the wire!  I had just enough needles to make it through tonight. Emphasis on had. I opened a needle packet on Friday and the needle was missing a part. Ah well. I have to go to the center today to pick up a few needles and then go back tomorrow for the appointment and the rest of the supplies. Bah. We also got low on tape and gauze. The thing is, we get 4 weeks worth of supplies, but the time between appointments this time was almost 5 weeks. In addition, I ordered some meds. The pharmacy tells me after the fact that there is a problem getting the meds. Ugh. At least it's not one of my must, must haves. Just a must have. It's a week late.  

Nice short entry for today. Have deep water fitness today. We've signed up for a trip to go to Zion National Park in Utah next week. Never been to Utah. I'm looking forward to it.  We'll see how the walking goes. I've called the hotel in Champaign to let them know my dialysis equipment will be delivered and they have no problem with that.  I talked to the airlines and transporting the dialysis machine will not be an issue, even at its weight because it's medical equipment. So the trip is coming together. I am so looking forward to seeing my baby!!  I'm such a mom!  Lol

Have a great day!  


No comments:

Post a Comment