Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, April 27, 2015

The "I Think I'll Keep Brian", edition.

Good morning!  I like to sleep with the blinds open. I like to see the lights at night going up the mountains when I wake up during the night. Well now the downside is the sun wakes us up in the morning. The window faces directly east and whe that sun rises over the mountain, it's big and bright!!  And to add insult, the bathroom mirror also faces east so when the sun comes up, it hits the mirror. Wow. Reflection-palooza!  Nothing like searing your eyes first thing in the morning!!  Lol. We're scrambling to close the blinds!  I'm not complaining, though. It was cold and cloudy and windy and rainy this past weekend.  I love seeing the sun. I missed it!  And yes it was cold and windy. But then that's relative, isn't it. I actually had to wear long sleeves this weekend!!!!  But no sweater or jacket. I'll stop whining now. 

Yeah. I'm keeping Brian. He was right there with me every step of the way on Thursday evening. Now I have no idea of what he did after I passed out, but I do know that it was his voice that brought me out of oblivion. Nothing like the blood rushing out of your head and you passing out. Coming to is always interesting. Each time I come out of a faint, I'm having a dream. Surprisingly enough I'm not confused when I "wake" up. But I do know I passed out. So yeah, I hear my name and I look up and I see Brian. I'm laying on the floor and realize what happened. I'm fully cognizant, but a little loopy. He still needed to get the needles out..even though they were partially out, but it did it. And he handles the blood spurts when the needles became dislodged. All while I was on the flor and trying to move. Or something. I was still light headed and then nauseous. But Brian was the cooler head that prevailed. 

When EMS came, he got my meds and was all ready to ride in the truck with me. I asked how would we get home. He said your dad can get us. And Dad was all, "yeah, I can pick you up". In the end, Brian followed the truck. Which was better anyway. :)  He was with me each step of the way in the hospital and never left my side. 

He is so diligent setting up the machine for dialysis. He is so careful while administering the drugs prior to treatment. He records the numbers on the machine and blood pressure and status every time the timer goes off, every half hour. After treatment he's breaks down and cleans up everything so it's ready for the next day. Now conside this. There is no vacation from this. Ever. At best we get 2 days off a week. I'm keeping him. And as a side note, he makes sure we have all of our supplies for our painting class!  Can't run out of alizarin red!  Lol. 

Finally, I wanted to tell you that the best and worst part of treatment is at the end, when the needles are pulled. I have to sit there for 5-10 minutes applying pressure the the accesses until they stop bleeding. But I'll save that for another day. HahahHhHahah. 

The photos are of the pool where do deep water fitness. I just wanted to show just how large this pool  is. This pool and the others we've seen make anything place we swam in Michigan look sad. It's just interesting to see how funds are spent here versus back home.  Well the temps are going to soar to the 90s this week. So I'll quit whining about cold and switch to whining about hot!  Have a great day. :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment