Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, April 13, 2015

The "We Played Tourist on Sunday!", edition.


Good morning!  How was your weekend?  The weather here was perfect.   In other words, we're enjoying the weather before the temperature gets outrageous. Saturday, the condo had a yard sale. I chuckled about the redistribution of items of the residents. In other words, why would I want someone else's discards, especially in a 55 and over community.  That being said, we've been purging stuff since we arrived here, so we had nothing to sell. Brian and I intended to go and see, but I was feeling a little punky and the entire thing was over by 1 PM. 

We started our watercolor class. When you walk into class and you see a copy of the painting that we'll be doing, it's always daunting. It was no different on Saturday. A France  street scene, including the Eiffel Tower.  Yikes!  And yet. It started coming together. With each painting we learn new technique. The same thing happens in the acrylic class. One day I'll show you the last painting we did. I'm kinda impressed. 

Sunday, we went to Main Steeet Station for brunch. Dad's favorite place. Afterwards Brian and I attended a craft fair. I came away with 2 pairs of earrings and a necklace.  I had to get out before I wanted something else. Not wanting to go home, Brian suggested we take The Big Red Bus tour. What is that?  A double decker bus that tours the strip area and downtown. We sat on the upper level and had a ball. The weather was perfect. All that was missing were our hats!  Lol. 

I took a lot of pictures. Some were challenging because of the sun. But you know what?  That camera on the Galaxy 6 smart phone adjusted. I had so much glare that I wasn't sure I even got a good photo. The camera took care of that. I pointed and clicked and the camera did the work. I have no particular dialysis update. We started treatment last last night because of the tour, but then that's  the beauty of home hemodialysis, isn't it. The flexibility. Heh.  That's it. 

A few of the photos. 

This fight is big out here. I'm not sure how much press this is getting in the rest of the country, but it sure is dominating the news here. Especially the ticket prices. $10k!  Outrageous!  




Doesn't this look like fun?  I've never been there, but a trip to M&M World is in my future. 


This gives you an idea of the sun. We are facing west in this photo. I couldn't see the image in my screen and hoped for the best. Check out that Ray of sun!  Lol. 


That's it. I'll have more photos next time. We enjoyed the tour. And I'll more info on that also. Have a great day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment