Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, April 17, 2015

The "Living in Las Vegas", edition.

Good morning!  The winds have died down. The high winds started Tuesday afternoon and continued through yesterday, Thursday. Granted, the winds weren't  as severe yesterday, but those plastic bags were still soaring past the 2nd story window. Years ago I was with my mother in law and some of her friends and one of her friends refered to the flying plastic bags as ghetto kites. I thought that was hilarious. Not so much anymore.  I digress. 

We finally got back on track on the dialysis schedule last night. But the adjustment wasn't an issue. I loved the flexibility of how we adjusted the dialysis schedule. Tuesday morning instead of Monday evening. Then on again on Wednesday morning..Wednesday is my scheduled off day, but I needed to make up a day. Here's how Wednesday went. We have deep water fitness at 11:30 AM. We came home afterwards and started treatment a little after 2:00PM.  We finished the entire process, including stopping the bleeding and recording the stats a little after 5:00PM. Our drawing class starts at 6:00 PM. We made it with time to spare. It helps that we live near UNLV. :)   Yesterday we fell back to evening dialysis and we complete the week tonight. I am really pleased I switched to home hemodialysis. Oh yeah, the drawing class.  It's a lot fun and I can't draw worth squat. Lol. But I am learning theory and technique. I can only get better.  Lol lol. 

I've been in contact with representatives with the National Kidney Foundation here in Las Vegas. I'll start volunteering for them in May. Most of the events are on Saturday. And right now, we have a watercolor class on Saturday. There will also be a kidney walk in October. I'm looking forward to that! 

I have more photos from our tourist day. One is a customized bicycle. The bus stopped at the Golden Nugget,  which I guess was hosting a customized bike convention?  After posting on Facebook, I found that I posted  a photo of the president of a bike club from Detroit !  The gold chain handlebars and gold "rims" caught my eye. 

The weekend is starting today. I've told you how we go to brunch every Sunday. Well, ever since we took Dad to Texas de Brazil, he's been trying to get back to a Brazilian steak house. There is one near us, Fogo De Chao.  He's treating us this afternoon since it's not open for lunch/brunch on Sunday. And he's looking forward to it!  Lol. This leaves his Sunday free, so he and Carl will spend Sunday watching basketball. Brian's an I need to figure out what to do with ourselves on Sunday!  Lol. 

Finally, im just leaving you with a bunch of random photos. This first one is my latest acrylic painting. It's from a real class, not a one day painting experience.  We've done those, also. The painting took about 6 weeks. Have a great weekend!  

I did this!  

A customized bike



Container Park. A shopping area made up the containers that are hauled by semi trucks. Check out the metal insect in front. 




A view of the Fremont Street Experience. I'll get a better photo another day. I like Brian's head in this. Lol. 


No comments:

Post a Comment