Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, January 8, 2016

The "95th Birthday Party", edition.

Good Friday morning!  The rain finally stopped. I can see the sun this morning!  So how is life in Patland?  Life is pretty ok. Pauline's 95th birthday was Wednesday. Dad went up to her apartment and said she had so many cards and flowers that her apartment was really full!  She's been treated to meals all week!  And no surprise. Pauline is a mighty grand lady. Love her. She and mom were friends back in Detroit. Pauline and her husband were instrumental in mom and dad moving to this condo. Apparently they dogged out the apartment mom and dad lived in when they moved to Vegas.  Lol. Found them a condo here in this complex. Mom and Dad have been in Vegas 26 years this month....they moved 2 weeks after Shawn was born. And they've been in this condo for 21 years.  Anyway the condo group is honoring Pauline by having a birthday party for her on Sunday.   :-)

Got my monthly lab report. Numbers are skewed still, but my phosphorous spiked. No more red beans for me. What's even worse is I have to listen to a lecture from the dietician.  Geez. I know what I did. I'm finally recovering. I have to be more vigilant in what I eat.  And besides....I was told to increasethe phosphorous because the numbers had dropped so low!!!!  I think I'll get a pass, but have my stuff together by the next month!!!  Anyway, the diet and menus have been adjusted to get the weight loss on!  

Shawn left here, went home and has since traveled to Washington DC for the annual Society of Historical Archeology. And yes, she is giving a presentation. Again. She's got another conference and different presentation for the Society of American Archeology in Orlando in April. She actually invited me and Brian to that one!  I looked it up and we'd get visitor passes, which are only allotted to immediate family!  I feel honored. We're going to opt out, though. A trip to Orlando is pricey.  We're going to visit her at her field work in South Carolina instead. I mentioned we'll be staying in Augusta GA, which is a much better bargain!  But one day.  I'd love to see her present her research. 

Finally, today we're going to venture to Arizona to buy some lottery tickets. No lotteries in Nevada. So we have to go California or Arizona. The California state line store has lines over 1-2 hours long to buy the tickets. So we're going to try our luck in another direction. If we don't succeed, well at least see Hoover Dam!  

That's it for today. Nothing exciting. Which isn't a bad thing!!  Have a great weekend!  





My lab report is sort of like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment