Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, January 29, 2016

The "The Fun is in the Discovery!", edition.

Good Friday morning!  We are constantly discovering things out here. But to be honest, we were always discovering things in Detroit and in Michigan. But. We're not in Michigan. And you're gonna think " What?  That's what you discovered?" And shake your head. But understand, sometimes...most times I look at life expecting to be pleasantly surprised. Lol. Some days I'm pleasantly surprised to wake up!

The most recent surprise came in the supermarket. Several months ago we wanted some ground beef. I found the package and moved on. Then I passed the butcher area. The ground beef in the display case was $1.00 a pound less!!?!!? I put the packaged meat back talked with the butcher.  We started doing the same when we wanted cooked shrimp.  It was cheaper and we didn't have to wait for it to thaw. So on Wednesday I went to get pork chops. It was buy one get one free (!). I wanted 3, instead I bought 6 and froze 3. But wait, there's more.  Right next to the pork chops were steaks. Brian moseyed up to the counter and laser beamed right on the steaks...buy one, get two free (!!). He got 3 bone in rib eyes. And they were huge!  They're sitting in the freezer...just waiting.  And how fortuitous was it that during last night's treatment, we're watch Alton Brown and it's about cooking rib eye steaks!  :-D  And the other day the ground beef was $2.00 a pound less!!! And watching Hubert Keller on PBS, I discovered tomahawk cut of steak. Of course Brian knew about. I also discovered that it's quite pricey at restaurants. It's large, so I'll never order it, but it sure looks impressive. 

Yesterday we went looking for Las Vegas Democrats office to register for the Las Vegas caucus. We discovered the Hustler strip club.  Lol. We also discovered once you got on Dean Martin Drive near Tropicana, we couldn't get back across the freeway until Warm Springs Road...about 3-4 miles.  Lol. And yeah, the Hustler club is on Dean Martin Drive. We were also surprised by the lady on the street behind the strip wearing only a shirt.....no pants..just a shirt.....

On the dialysis front, my nurse came the condo on Wednesday. We discovered everything was just fine. And we discovered that she wants to raise my dry weight because of the low blood pressure, almost passing out episodes. That didn't make me happy, but I get it. And it has been a year doing home hemo!  Happy anniversary to us. It's been mostly non eventful and that's the way it should be!  And for the record, last night's treatment was wonderfully mundane.  Yeah!!!  

It's also time to start planning our trip to visit Shawn. It looks like she'll be doing field work in South Carolina. The closest city for us is August GA. We'll be doing a James Brown tour. :-)  I've checked hotel rates. They're wonderfully low. We considered New York City. Oh my goodness. Rooms seem to start at $275 per night. And you just know that doesn't include fees and taxes. Ugh. 

Well that's it for today. We chuckle at the news people commenting that they need hats, gloves and scarves. Heh vthey don't know what cold really is. A handful do, but surprisingly many if them were born on the west coast and have never left. And on that note rake care. Have a wonderful weekend!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment