Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

The "My Wardrobe is Not Sufficient", edition.

Good Wednesday morning! Yes. My wardrobe is lacking.  In so many ways.  I've mentioned that this the Founders Day weekend for my sorority, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. (AKA). We are being honored by a visit from our Supreme Basileus.   Translation, the international president.  Yes, we are an international organization with a new chapter being created in Dubai this month.  I digress.  So with the Supreme  Basilieus visiting there are several protocols we have to observe and what to wear is very much a part of protocol. Well I hadn't been active since right after Shawn was born. Yes that long. And Whoo boy, reactivating costs aren't for the faint of heart. I digress again. And there are wardrobe requirements for the other organization I'm in also. Oh well 

There are certain colors we wear for different occasions and ceremonies. And of course I must have pink and green. And of course I have none of the colors. AND. I was told I must wear a dress to one of the ceremonies..no pants or pant suits. Arghh!!!  I am a pants wearing woman. I just recently started wearing sundresses. And that was forced on me by my kid.  And I need shoes to go with these dress.  I don't/can't wear heels. :-(  I'm figuring this out because I want to look nice. I'm vain like that. I admit it! All this being said, I'm looking forward to this weekend. Now let's hope I stay healthy.  

And on the dialysis front, I've been crazy with low pressure and feeling light headeaded. WTF is this?  It seems to always be something. Like yesterday. We had turkey sausage, egg and English muffin for breakfast. Afterwards, I didn't feel well.  I have no idea why. I thought I slept it off. Later on I went to get a haircut and bam. My blood pressure dropped while in the chair. Ugh.  Fortunately my barber gave me lots of love, let me recline and my bp eventually rose. But it was still touch and go for a while.  And I needed to stay reclined on the ride home. But. I needed that haircut!  Vanity for the win!!! And yeah. My haircut looks great!!!  And I got my shrimp Po Boy treat from Zydeco.  Good stuff!!  

Today Brian is going back to the barber to get his grooming. They make him look soooo good!!!  Then we're headed to the movies,  The Hateful Eight.  That's my choice. So next week I'll have to see The Revenant, Brian's choice. See, compromise. I'm going to sit through The Revenant because I love Brian. <3. 

That's it for today.  Stay warm!  

No comments:

Post a Comment