Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, January 1, 2016

The "It's A New Year...Again", edition.

Good Friday morning!  First of all, a shout out to one of my former teammates for posting A live performance of Isaac Hayes singing the "Look of "Love".  It just reminded me of how much I enjoy his music. It also reminded me about one of the very few things I miss about going to the center for dialysis. And that is listening to my music. Since I do treatment at home, I watch TV with Brian or we talk or I sleep. But I'm not sitting in the chair with my headphones on, rocking to my tunes. Of course every now and I play some music at home. I have this Harmon Kardon speaker that I got when I got my Android phone last year. It looks like a small hubcap!!!  But it can kick out some music using Bluetooth. Wow!!  Brian had also got me new set of Bose headphones a few days before home hemo training started and must have used them  no more than 3-4 times. :-(

So. Did I tell you that Dad started walking the circuit around the condo complex a few weeks ago?  I am so proud of him. He noticed Brian would go out to walk or run. The next thing I knew, Dad said he went to the sporting goods store and purchased som athletic shoes. Said he wanted to walk. Next thing I know he's up early in the morning and walking. He started a small circuit, but is now walking the entire circle. He's satisfied with the distance for now. There are also other seniors that walk, but I think the motivation for all of us is the guy who uses the walker who walks every day!  No excuse for the rest of us!  Oh yeah, we got him a jogging suit for Christmas. He's been wearing it on these chilly mornings while walking. :-)

I'll start the process to get listed for a transplant at University Medical Center Hospital here. The waiting list is not as long. And sadly because of the high number of people riding motorcycles and mopeds without helmets kidneys become available. How morbid is that?  There is also an abnormally high number of pedestrian accidents here. The city really is not pedestrian friendly once you get off the strip.  

Went to see Star Wars yesterday. In IMAX 3D. OMG. Lol. You start ducking when stuff happens on screen!  Lol. And the trailers for upcoming movies. Wheeeee!!  Let's admit it. I'm an action and sci fi movie fan. Trailer for the new Star Trek movie excited me, as did the new Marvel movie with Captain America (and I will admit to thinking Chris Evans as Captain America is the ultimate eye candy). And the the trailer for Warcraft...based on an online game I played for years. Now that really excited me. The trailer immersed me in a game I was so familiar with.  I don't play anymore, but I still maintain my subscription.  You never know when the bug will hit. Although I've missed 2 expansions and have forgotten how to play!  I still have good friends who play and we are friends outside the game. 

Finally, I'm going to lose some weight. I'm telling you to keep me accountable. Dad and Brian are included, but we'll focus on me. Dad has gained 15 pounds since we came out here. And that's because for the time mom was sick he didn't eat...well?  Now that we're cooking and we've exposed him to new foods and restaurants, he goes overboard!  lol. Nothing like watching your 89  year old dad scarfing down 6 pieces of pizza!   Rofl.  And he's addicted to Brazilian Steakk houses.  We took him to Texas de Brazil in September 2014. He found Fogo de Chao, which is pretty close to where we live. He's been there about 5 times, taking assorted people and visitors out to dinner....and he's treating us with Shawn this Sunday!  He really likes that garlic sirloin. Lol. 

Treatment will be late tonight since we're hosting dinner.  Looking forward to the red beans and rice. Well have the cornbread, a chopped salad. And bought a pineapple upside down cake from our bakery!!  We've lamented the fact that we have to give up our newly found bakery once we start the weight loss program.  Sigh. Perhaps we can treat ourselves once a month?  

Well that's it for today.  I have more, but the entry is already long. We had a special visitor Wednesday and I'll talk about that later. Have a great day!  And I'm kinda sorry about MSU, for my MSU friends. We turned off the game after the umpteenth interception. Ugh. 


No comments:

Post a Comment