Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

The "January in Las Vegas", edition.

Good Wednesday morning!  It rained yesterday.  It's been raining off and on since Monday. I missed the sunny skies!  We took Shawn to the airport around 5:30 AM. It was unnaturally humid.  And foggy. The lights from the strip shining onto the low clouds gave off an amazing effect. After dropping her off we went back home and I fell asleep.  We went out later because I needed to get some items for some upcoming events. We also stopped at Barnes and Nobles.  We're tentatively planning our travel for this year.  We're considering New York City. Brian has never been and it's been decades since I visited. But damn. It sure is expensive!  I'm looking at hotel rates.  Wow!  

We're for sure heading to near where Shawn's summer research is happening, Edgefield, South Carolina. The nearest large city is Augusta, GA. We considered flying to Augusta, but it requires a layover in Atlanta and I'm paranoid about my dialysis equipment getting lost. So after checking, the drive to Augusta from Atlanta is comparable to driving from Chicago to Champaign-Urbana.  So we'll fly into Atlanta, rent the car and drive to Augusta. 

Let's wrap back around to Barnes and Nobles. I went to the travel section to find travel books for New York City and for Georgia. This is where you learn book stores cater to regions. Books upon books for Nevada and California.  And plenty for Disney World, of course. New York City had a few, including Fodors and Washington DC had a few books. Even saw some Carolina books. But no Georgia. None!  I'll look and see if I can order one.  Finally, I still owe a friend a drive to California. I fell ill last last summer, so it didn't happen, but it should this summer. 

Vegas is on jam right now. It's the Consumer Electronics Show time. As I've mentioned before, we live about 1/2 mile from the Las Vegas convention Center. People park up to and past our condo area making leaving the complex a bit dicey. And at certain times of day traffic is horrific. And let's add the school buses to the mix. Can you say gridlock?  Ah, but we have shortcuts!  Let me explain the layout of where we live. I live on street that has the word circle in the name. And the street is a circle. In the middle of the circle is the condo complex. And the condo is surrounded by a ten foot brick wall. Anyway. There are only 2 streets that access the circle street. And one is accessible by the street people use to get to the convention center.  That street can have massive traffic jams. The other street that accesses the circle is closed because of construction. Uh oh!!  We've seen cars and busses thinking they've got a shortcut by turning into the circle. This year they're in for a rude surprise!  Of course, if they know about the alley street, they've got it made, but the alley street isn't obvious.  Well that was a long paragraph. 

Today we start the lighter eating.  I must say that  I didn't gain any weight over the holiday eating fest. But my eating habits have changed. I cannot eat large meals. I'm more a eat several small meals during the day person. And it seems to work. Anyway. Today is chicken enchiladas. And maybe a salad. Need to add more vegetables. During treatment last night, I got a little lightheaded and my left foot cramped. This is a sign of taking off too much fluid. I recovered nicely without passing out!  

Well Shawn is back in Illinois. We have a package to send her. She couldn't  pack all of her Christmas gifts in her suitcase. We enjoyed her visit of course.  And the time moved much too fast. So as you can see, we already started planning on visiting her.  Lol. It's nice seeing the sun and blue skies this morning. It rained all night. And it's supposed to rain again this afternoon. And the mountains to the west are covered in snow!!  But it's in the 50s here!  Whoo hoo. I revisited a blog entry I wrote on January 6, 2014. That was the day that put me over the top. 10 inches of snow. Yep. No more!  

That's it for today!  Have a wonderful day!!  


Map of our condo area. 


Overhead view of the condo complex. 

No comments:

Post a Comment