Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, February 29, 2016

The "The First Sign of Spring:Las Vegas Style", edition.

Good Monday morning!  As of today, I've been in Las Vegas an entire 18 months.  There is always something happening here. But some events are larger than others. Much larger.  The first of the large events starts this weekend. It's NASCAR week in Las Vegas. It's a huge deal here. But NASCAR is a huge deal. The race piqued my curiosity last year because of all of the local coverage. Also, 2 of the top 10 drivers are from Las Vegas, Kyle and Kurt Bush. Yes. I know who they are. During the race season it's nonstop coverage. I also think it's covered so much because there is not a professional sports team here. I digress. And I'm going to digress even more. Somehow I got on an Outback Restaurant email list. And every week they let me know that if Kevin Harvick placed in the top ten that week, I'd get a free Bloomin' Onion. After a while I'm listening to hear where Kevin Harvick placed. And darned if he didn't place in the top 10 every week!! Lol. For the record we took advantage of this offer one time. 

Last year, a few weeks after the race, The Kobolt 400, I was curious about the race track. I'd been here for a while and have been visiting Las Vegas since 1999 and had never seen this NASCAR race track. So Brian and I drove north on Las Vegas Blvd to find the race track. During the drive we also found Nellis Adair Force Base. Anyway. The race track complex did not disappoint!  I'd been to the Michigan International Speedway (yes, back in the day I dated one of seven black guys in Michigan who was into that. Lol lol). MIS looks like a toy field compared to the race track out here. Which explains why the NASCAR week is such an event. 

The complex itself is huge. There are several race tracks. But the main raceway!  Wow!  We saw several police groups doing driver training, motorcycles and cars. We also visited the NASCAR store. The race track is on the other side of town from the strip and downtown. It took us about 30-45 minutes driving with no events going on. I couldn't imagine how traffic must be during the race weekend. The good news is most packages include bus transportation to the venue, with some boasting a shortcut through Nellis AFB. Huh?  Ok. Anyway. The race will consume all of Las Vegas. The first event of the season!  Heh. We're staying off the strip and Las Vegas Blvd in general!  

On the dialysis front, deep water fitness starts tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to brining my stamina up to speed. But I really need to at least try to accept that I'm going to get tired. But that just pisses me off.  Ugh. I push myself until I almost pass out. But...well anyway. And finally we were on the hunt for honey butter. Finally found it at my last chance store. It was the second time we had difficulty finding something that shouldn't be hard to find.  But then again I'm in Las Vegas.  Lol I found a zillion varieties of honey at Whole Foods, though. And don't get me started on finding Gruyere cheese.  I can get tomato paste in a tube, though. And I know where to get chicken feet....no I can't think of a use for chicken feet, but I know where to buy them. Anyway. 

The weather is marvelous. I'm back to sandals. The air conditioner is on.  Feel free to visit!  Have a wonderful day!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment