Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

The "Trying to Get Back to Normal...Whatever That Is", edition.

Good Wednesday morning!  We've got the regular sunrise this morning. The pinks and yellows and oranges streaking across the sky just before the sun crests the ...Sunrise... Mountains. :-)  Sometimes I lament that the condo faces east instead of The Strip to the west but then these sunrises just trumps that thought.  At night I can see the lights all the way to the northwest. I think I can see as far as Nellis Air Force Base.  

Just a few odds and ends and updates. Pauline called Dad on Monday. Well, they actually talk to each other everyday to check up on each other.  Mom and Pauline and another friend, Hertha, did this.  Dad continues with Pauline. Anyway. Dad sticks his head into our room and says Pauline's not feeling well and he's going to take her to the doctor.  Remember, Pauline just celebrated her 96th birthday. You'd never know. And I digress. At some point I thought Dad had left, but no. I was surprised when I finally saw him leave and said something. He chuckled and said that Pauline had to get ready before she went anywhere. She is a class act!  Dad says she was having difficulty breathing.  And when they got to the doctors office, he had Dad take her to emergency. She's still there, but doing much better.  I'd like to go visit her today.  

We were also told that Herbert somehow got robbed of $20,000 in front of the bank, but we have questions. The most pressing question being,"Why are you withdrawing $20,000 cash?".  And surely there are cameras around the bank. We think there is more to the story. These are also cautionary tales about just keeping up with our parents.  And in our case all of our "adopted" parents.  Since Brian and I are referred to as "the kids". :-O   Lol. 

Dad needed to change his medical insurance. He was on Moms, but it's been 3 years (!) since she died and the insurance company was kicking him off. Fortunately I'd navigated Medicare Advantage so I showed him how to that.  On his computer.  He found a plan he liked. I told him to ask his doctors if they accept the plan. And no the doctor didn't. But Dad was on the mark because the then asked the doctor which plans were accepted!  After a studying the different plans, Dad selected the Medicare Advantage plan he wanted, signed up, and selected the option where the payment is deducted from the monthly social security payment. He got the notice that his coverage started yesterday!  Go Dad!!!

Yesterday I made creamy tomato soup from scratch. Well more like "Semi Home with Sandra Lee".  Lol.  But we also put  them bread bowls!  Yes we did.  We found the round bread loaves at "our" bakery. We got stumped by the small ones and not so small. We opted for the not so small. I think that was the right size. Found a video on YouTube on how to prep the bread for soup and voila!  Success!!  I need to figure out how to make the tomato soup taste more tomato-y. But next time I'm making cream of mushroom soup. Oh. And the prepping of the bread bowls kept the soup hot. Lol. It stayed hot until we finished!!!  

No news on the  dialysis front, except, I'm getting stronger. I've been out of sorts for at least six months. And it's all due to straddling that fine line for my dry weight. My nurse called me her "special" child. Lol. Apparently I have a 1 kg window. To much under and I've got low  blood pressure and feel like I'm going to pass out. Too much over  and I'm retaining fluid and toxins and can barely move, have trouble breathing and have constant nausea. But we've seem to have it right now.  I've been feeling better and am ready to start doing stuff again. I'm ready for swimming again and am ready to start walking again. Something close to my normal. :-)  

Well that's it for today. We've got a chili recipe which calls for...chiles. We are on the hunt for Fresno chiles. That's what we get for watching The Food Network. Eh. Snow still in the mountains.  Still snowing in the mountains. And last night the temperature was 10.  Lol. 10 degrees.  Rofl. Never again!!!  Anyway. Enjoy your day!!!!

Tomato soup in bread bowl. 



No comments:

Post a Comment