Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The "Updates and Odds 'n Ends", edition.

iPad shuffled to Tower of Power, "So Very Hard to Go". Love.the.horns!  Let's start with the updates.  Last entry I had a kerfluffle with my tech. I was late to my chair because I had "digestive" issues.  You know I mean. Dialysis patients are prone to those issues.  Some worse than others.  Anyway I took some Immodium in the morning when I realized it started. I was pretty much ok by the time I left for treatment.  Once inside the building I stopped in the restroom for a just in case.

So I really was late.  By 5 minutes. The trade off could have been getting disconnected while in the chair, going to the restroom, then getting reconnected. Gee, that would have added time.  By the way I don't like using the 1 (one) bathroom for patients in the treatment area...old men and stuff..ugh.  There's a public womens restroom just outside the clinic.  Because it's on the lower level and it's early in the morning, it's nice and clean.  I've digressed. 

The Moments, "Sexy Mama". This the incredibly long version of the song. Lots of moaning by the group. Lol. I can do without it.  So I get hooked up. And all is well.  The tech tells me..and that is key. She TELLS me that she has to cut my time by 25 minutes.  How does 5 minutes late translate into taking 25 minutes off of my machine?  My chair time is 6:15 AM.  I walk in at 6:20. I unpack my bag...iPad, blanket, candy and phone.  I go to weigh my self. I turn on the tv. Go wash my access.  Get my standing blood pressure taken.  Then my sitting blood pressure. The tech goes to get the senior tech I want to stick me (I'm quite picky now). I have to wait for the preferred tech because she has her own patients. I'm a patient patient (lol). Preferred tech sticks me. The other tech returns to hook me up to the machine. That's how 5 minutes translates to 25 minutes. 

America, "A Horse With No Name". Yeah, yeah, I know what it means. I still like it. About 30 minutes later I get told about the time reduction. I respond, " absolutely not". I went into the techs explanation on Monday. After I told her I wasn't giving up my time and that was the end of the discussion and if there was an issue, I'll talk with a supervisor.  She runs to the supervisor. Lol. Then she comes back and TELLS me she was requesting an adjustment to my time. WTF is it with her with TELLING me, instead of asking. The she launches into the damn domino effect again. I told her I was not an idiot. You will not cut my run time and you will not adjust my start time. I also told her I wasn't discussing it anymore. Lol and did the talk to the hand motion with my free hand. 

Will Downing, "Send For Me". A little while later the head floor nurse comes by and asks to talk with me after treatment.  Lol. I got told on. After treatment, in another area, the nurse asked what happened. We talked and she understood. All is well.  The tech is here this morning. I got in a little early. I actually got hooked up at 6:20.  I usually don't get hooked up until 6:30.  All is well. I have an idea about why the tech reacted in the first place. I'll go into that on another day.  Oh and a preferred tech had to come to cannulate me. Mondays actions were pure bullshit. 

The Dramatics, "Oceans of Thoughts and Dreams". Odds and ends. Real estate agent will place the "For Sale" sign out today. I've sent the bulk of my clothes to Vegas. The last of the furniture will be gone this weekend. The replacement of the front porch is completed. During the initial inspection, the City required us to add a handrail. That's completed and it passed inspection.  The City also requested us to add a CO monitor. That has nothing to do with a porch, but it's a great idea and it's been installed. :)

Finally during the great purge, Brian found something I wanted to keep. See, I worked Derrick Miller. He was actually a very good boss. One day he calls me into his office. He says, I know you're an AKA (member of Alpha Kappa Sorority) and I got something for you. The sorority had its national conference, the Boule, in  Detroit that year. He got one of those banners that was on the light poles for me!!!  Lol. I've thrown or given away a lot of stuff, but I'm keeping that banner!!!  Brian is holding the banner in the photo. I guess it's about 6 feet tall.  

Signing off with Quincy Jones, "Cool Joe, Mean Joe (Killer Joe)", with Tone Loc, Queen Latifah, and Nancy Wilson.  Nice flute. Horns!!!!! Have a great Wednesday. I'm getting excited about moving. As is Dad. Lol. I think he wants me to hurry up so I can start cooking for him.  Oh yeah, we went to Toast in Ferndale for breakfast yesterday. Breakfast goodness. I now understand the lines on the weekends. 



No comments:

Post a Comment