Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, July 25, 2014

The "Pat Has Left the House! Deuces!!!", edition.

iPad shuffled to The Main Ingredient, "Rolling Down the Mountainside". Cuba Gooding's voice is so distinctive.  Love it.  My partner is back today. Wednesday I asked a nurse if he was ok.  The issue was transportation. He had to come in on 3rd shift.  We have to be here at certain times, but his transportation is very cavalier about when they pick him up.   "Oh we'll be there in 40 minutes". Well after so much time has passed, it's not viable. The chair schedule is messed up for the rest of the day and/or the treatment time is cut.  Partner is at Defcon 1 now. He had to take a cab. ;-(   Anyway, I'm glad to see him before I left.  I gave him a handful of Smartees. :)

Heatwave, "Always and Forever". I'm all packed. The final tally?  1 large suitcase, 3 shoebox size plastic containers and 2 boxes that have already been shipped.  That's it.  Talk about purging!!! The house is empty. We can hear echos when we talk.  I got my meds refilled.  That'll last me while I get settled onto my new center and new nephrologist. 

Stevie Wonder, "Another Star".  It's nice to come back to Stevie. Genius.  I got a call from Davita.  Davita is the for profit dialysis group that runs a majority of centers in the country. I got my dialysis assignment for Las Vegas.  Meadows Center. What a surprise. That's the center I go to every time I was in Vegas. I know the staff there!!  Lol. Now I'm not visiting, I'm permanent. I also got my chair time.  My preference was morning (1st shift ) but I knew I'd be stuck with whatever time they gave me. When the call came, we were at Comcast returning  a cable box.  I was having trouble understanding the lady.  It took about 4 tries for me to understand she said Davita. (I don't think  I'm losing my hearing?). She gives me my time.  She says my time was 5:45AM. I about fell out of the chair. I asked her to repeat. She repeats 5:45 AM and says be there at 5:15 AM to check in for the initial visit. Do you know what this means?  I'll be out by 10:00AM. Watch me do flips of joy.....well you'd have to have projections of my mind to see the flips. Lol. Use your imagination.  You are free to laugh hysterically!  I digress. 

Average White Band, "If I Ever Lose This Heaven".  Talked to Dad last night.  He's excited.  As am I. I told him my flight lands at 5:00PM, PST. He says tell be there at noon.  Lol lol. <3. Told me I didn't  have to cook.  Lol. I need to cook to stay on my renal diet. I'll need to go to the grocery store and I need to get toiletries. I wasn't interested in toting half used bottles of lotions, shampoos, etc across country. Let's make a heavy bag heavier. :(  

Rare Earth, "I Just Want to Celebrate". Geez. I just started singing. Lol. My voice is an assault on the ears. Lol. Oh yeah Dad also tells me he's glad we're coming. He doesn't have to drive anymore. I see what's happening here.  Lol. Then in the next breath he says he'll drive me dialysis. :)  I could hear the panic in his voice when he misunderstood something I said. "You're not coming????????????"  I assured him I'll be there. 

Brian will follow me in a few days.  He's staying to tie up loose ends. I'll miss him so much. I don't like to be away from him for too long. But we need to do what we need to do. He was in the Air Force National Guard and would go on 2-3-4 week assignments. ( ask me about that time his unit was sent to Aruba during the 1st Gulf War ). Lol?

The blog is all over the place today. I'm sorry. I'm still going over if I've done everything I need to do for the move. I want to thank everybody for helping us.  The social workers at Northwest Detroit Dialysis Center for facilitating the move. The stick team techs for facilitating my new button holes. The techs and nurses who have taken care of me, educated me and advocate for me.  I want to thank the friends who helped us so much with the packing and removal of the furniture. That was huge!!  And thank the friends and family for their love and support.  Thank you so very much.  

Signing off with Guy, "Groove Me". Head boppin', foot tapping...all in the dialysis chair.  The blog will be back with a later time.  We'll see how it goes.  Have a great day and really great weekend!!!  "Deuces!"

No comments:

Post a Comment