Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, July 28, 2014

The "Starting Over. Week 1", edition.

 iPad shuffled to The Isley Brothers, "Make Me Say It Again Girl, Parts 1 and 2". Lol. What is it with The Isleys with the Part 1 and 2 songs?  Anyway. Here I am. My news dialysis home. The bad news is there is a treatment center very close to where I live, but they don't take my insurance.  But then again they never did. The good news is, this is the center I've come to every time I visited Las Vegas.  There are techs and nurses who remember me. It's a large center.  I think the number of patients is comparable to Detroit Northwest.  The physical layout is different.  One big  ole giant room.  In Detroit we had seven modules of 6 patients.  We had 1-2 techs per module and 1 nurse for 2 modules and floating techs and nurses. Not so much here.

Little Beaver, "Party Down". I don't know why I like lthis song so much. I think it's the guitar and the way Little Beaver has to stretch to find the note. Lol. No shame. I like it. So there. I had to get the network access to get to the internet here at the new center.  No doubt Detroit Northwest is my benchmark.  And my preference. But we'll see how it compares over time.  What Detroit does that trumps this center is the patient comfort. My chair is not heated....and I'm cold already. :-(  There is no pillow fir my immobile arm. :-(  We have hospital TVs. In Detroit every patient had a flat screen full HD Comcast.  No, I'm not whining. There will be differences. Detroit Northwest was part Greenfield Heath Systems which is part of the Henry Ford Health Systems, non profit.  Davita is the largest (for profit) dialysis provider in the country.  When you drive around you should now notice Davita centers since I've told you about them. You should also look for Fresenius, another dialysis provider. 

Big Daddy Kane, "I Get The Job Done".  "I work, baby!" Old school. Ok enough with that   How was my first weekend.  Friday morning I  woke  up at 5:00 AM. Dialyzed and left at 10:30 AM.  Got lots of hugs. :)   Went to Noni's for breakfast. Got home, finished the last of my packing. Took a short nap. Got to the airport around 2:00 PM. Plane left around 4:00 PM. It was 1/2 hour late. Got to Vegas around 6:00 PM, Las Vegas time. While Dad pays for parking I get in the car to start it and get the air condoning going. Lol. When we walked down the walkway to get off the plane, the heat slapped me in the face!!!!!  Before I could get out of the door, dad jumps in the passenger seat then asks me if I wanted to drive to Boulder Station for dinner.  Lol. I said sure. I get to drive in rush hour traffic. And I run into construction. He swore it wasn't there the day before.  Sure.  Lol.  I. got to condo after dinner, about 8:00 PM. Vegas time (11:00 PM Detroit time)  and crashed.  Of course I was still on Detroit time and woke up at 5:00 AM Detroit time....which was 2:00 AM Vegas time. Sigh. It's getting better. I woke up at 3:30 this morning. 

Beyoncé, "Love on Top". Waking up that early this morning. I was 40 minutes before the time I set for the alarm.  I had to be at dialysis at 5:15 this morning. I left at 5:00. Drove myself. Took longer than I thought.  Lol. And that was without the Vegas traffic. I was 5 minutes late, but it didn't matter. I got called in to the treatment area at 5:30. Signed papers and was on the machine by 5:30. I'm a happy camper. :)   I'll be done at 9:15 and should be out just after 9:30!!

Jill Scott and Anthony Hamilton, "So in Love". Brian gave me wake up call. <3.  Miss him and can't wait for him to get out here. I'm enjoying being out here with Dad. I think he's enjoying it too. :)  it's crazy hot out here.  My wardrobe of jeans is put aside for now. Shorts, capris, sundresses and sandals is what I'm wearing. I need to find a nail salon. I need to find a hair salon.  I'll get there.  

Signing off with The Whispers, "Keep on Lovin' Me".  I still like the song even though my nephew posted a meme about them that makes me laugh every time I hear it.  Stay cool and watch for storms. We had thunderstorms all night and I could see lightening on the way to dialysis this morning. It's the "monsoon season" out here in the desert. Flood watches in effect!  





No comments:

Post a Comment