Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, July 21, 2014

The "Weekend Update", edition.

iPad shuffled to "Enjoy Yourself", The Jacksons. Chair dance at 6:30 AM!  I heard The Main Ingredient on the radio this morning. I said to myself I'll shuffle to them this morning. Cuba Gooding's voice is so smooth.  Well guess what?  I had no Main Ingredient. :-(   That really puzzles me because I have/had the CD.  Oh well.  I'll download them later today.  Wow. I'm leaving in 4 days.  Once we committed to a date it was full steam ahead.  And it's even more frantic now that the departure date is close.  Since the For Sale sign went up, we've had about eight views.  The real estate agent will get back with us today.

Cameo, "I Just Want To Be". Lol I may not be in a chair dance mood, but the iPad seems to be forcing the issue. Saturday was incredibly busy. The agent had scheduled several views.  Views were also scheduled by other real estate agents. It started at 10:00 AM and continued through 7:30 PM.  In addition we'd scheduled most of the rest of the furniture to be moved.  And my beautiful niece was stopping by to pick up some photos and sorority stuff...my paddle, my mom's paddle(!) and some AKA bookends. How's that for legacy?  Apparently mom called her while she was attending Michigan State...often...to remind her she had no choice but to pledge pink and green.  Lol.  

Jamiroquai, "Virtual Insanity".  The video caught my attention, but the song is good. My dear friends have been helping us pack since April.  They found a taker for most of the furniture.  A member from their church who recently got married, bought a new home, but had very little furniture.  They come with a crew, truck and tools and work hard.  They made 2 trips about 6 weeks apart. As of this past Saturday we are left with a brass bed upstairs a day bed, a TV and a rocker recliner in the master bedroom. There is a card table in the breakfast room and the rocking chair we bought in 1988 at the Ann Arbor Art Fair in the family room.   :)  See my friends want and will receive these items. For all of the hard they've done, it's the least we can do. 

Gang Starr, "Words I Manifest".  They helped pack 4 generations of china, glassware and knick knacks.  Some of the items found their way to a church sale.  And that's fine. I love the idea that these items have found homes where they'll be used. The lady that got the formal dining room suite showed me photos.  I loved seeing the suite being loved and used.  She even got the mirror placements. Look, I wasn't taking the furniture with me. And we weren't interested in eBay.  Giving the "stuff" away  was the right thing to do. We have no regrets.  We've even emptied the pantry and donated the canned goods. Lol. Moving is no joke. 

Nicole Henry, "Waters of March". A nice soothing, jazzy song. Today I drove myself to treatment. Lol. Much to Brian's chagrin. I had to.  The City inspector is scheduled to come between the hours of...check this out...8:00AM and 4PM.  Lol. And you thought Comcast was bad. I start packing the suitcase today.  I've shipped most of my clothes and was left with a weeks worth. I need to pack what I'm taking on the flight and what's going into the car.  Yes, we're shipping the car. No one wants to do that drive, plus it cuts into my dialysis time. The logistics of planning stops and treatment along the way made my head hurt. Plus dialysis on the road makes a long trip even longer. If we left on Friday, we'd have to leave Detroit after 10:30 AM. Taking 3-4 hours off the drive time.  I'll leave the rest of the logistics to you.  So yeah, when I do home hemo I can just carry my stuff and be a whole lot more spontaneous. Looking forward to it. Will start in September.  Have to finish my summer travel.  Although now that I think of it, the trips to Denver and New Orleans are weekend trips.  I've digressed. 

Signing off with Whitney Houston, "I'm Your Baby Tonight".  A Babyface song. Have a great day. I'll be tossing out more stuff today.   I'll also be marveling at the empty house. And packing.  Look around your house.  Start purging now.  I know you have things you don't use or don't need. Keep up with the clutter.  When something comes in, make something goes out!   Next time I'll go over what we're not taking and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment