Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, July 18, 2014

The "It Got Really Busy Yesterday.", edition.

iPad shuffled to New Edition, "If It Isn't Love". I always want to imitate the moves from the video. :)   Well the house is officially for sale as of Wednesday!  Yay!!  I'm marveling at the lack of clutter. It's been a real chore clearing out 4 generations of stuff.  Lost track of the number of trips to the Salvation Army. Three visits from The Junk Commander and there will be more visits.  Brian delivered the fourth box  of photos to be be put on CD. 500 photos per disc.  And I've discarded at least as many.  Now before you start fussing at me let me tell you what we've found.

The Whispers, "Keep On Lovin' Me".  My mom taught for 40 years.  It appeared she took lots of photos of each class for those 40 years.  And remember, she taught kindergarten. Up until the the last 10 years or so, she had two half day classes each day. And I didn't include the summer Headstart classes she taught. I estimate she taught about 80  classes. AND. Most of the classes had at least 30 students. Lots and lots of photos. Those got trashed. Also tossed were photos from my moms first marriage. Her first husband died in 1954.  That was before my time. I have no connection to him nor his family.  I wouldn't know how to find them.  Oh yeah...many photos from sorority functions. Whew. 

Rachelle Ferrell, "With Open Arms". She has a beautiful and powerful voice and this song highlights it.   My estimate for the number of photographs we found is 5000. Dad sat she has boxes in Vegas he wants me to go through....sigh. 

Yesterday we went downtown to pay property taxes...I really would have like to have sold the house by now but the clean up has been more than a notion. I also scheduled a buyers inspection (yay!). Then we headed to Ann Arbor for the Art Fair. We hadn't been in about 12 years. This was going to be our last opportunity. I don't see us coming back just to attend. I'll  write how we've started to frame everything as "the last time in Detroit , like trying to set up memories. :)    "I'm so Detroit..." Lol.  Anyway, I mapped out our route, determined which fair we'd attend...that would determine where we park, which determined which route we'd take to Ann Arbor.  Lol. Plan, do, review. Once a project manager, always a project manager. Oh, in case you don't know, art fair is actually four different art fairs. They extend from the main campus of University of Michigan all the way to downtown Ann Arbor.  We went to the South University area. That tends to be my favorite fair. It was just large enough for me to walk without getting tired or start hurting. 

Aerosmith, "Dream On". The only thing I purchased was a jaunty brimmed straw hat.  My head got hot. This after I told Brian I never liked wearing hats. Lol. Karma always bites me in the ass.  Lol.  We walked. Oohed and ah-ed at the the different artwork and media. We saw a pen made out of computer circuits, handmade leather binders filled with linen paper.  A blacksmith demonstration, 3D paintings, beautiful water colors, acrylics and oils. Pictures made for cloth rolled around cat tails ( she collects the cat tails in November. Takes about 3 weeks ).  We collect lots of cards. We also had a great time. We had lunch at The Little Brown Jug. I never went there while I attended UM.  But I'm positive it used to on the other side of the street. Lol. Many things have changed since I lived there and many things are still the same. :)  The drink menu reminded me that I was indeed in a college town. It was massive, names like Lindsay Lohan, Red Headed Slut and vodka. I'm afraid to find out if Red Headed Slut is actually a real liquor. Lol.  We had a great time and the weather was perfect. 

Tamia, "You Put a Move on Me".  We drove down Michigan Avenue on the way back.  The number of old time diners still standing tickled me. I got home I had several messages. The ones that stood out was from my best friend and....drum roll...the realtor. She was bringing someone to view the house!!  In an hour!!  What!!!??  The house was listed just the day before!!!  Lol. Well, the person actually called from info on the for sale sign on the front lawn.   Let's see what happens!!!   And yeah, best friend came by later and took us out to dinner. And yes, by the time I got home around 8:30 PM I was tired.  Slept well, though.  :)  

Maxwell, "Ascension". Dialysis angle?  I walked, I stood waiting in line for the shuttle bus. I couldn't do it last year. We didn't use the handicap spaces in the shuttle parking lot. Walk a nice distance..uphill!!  I was a little winded, but I regulated my breathing.  I wasn't tired.  And standing had been an issue, but I stood!!  Lol. One day I'll explain why standing was much more difficult than walking. And I still limited my fluid intake.  Hah!!

Signing off with Player, "Baby Come Back". Have a great weekend. Most of the furniture will be moved out this weekend. We'll be down to a bed, a card table, some trays and 1 television. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment