Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, July 29, 2013

The "My Dad is Funny", edition.

iPod shuffled to "Everybody Wants To Rule The World", Tears for Fears. Do you ever wonder how a song appeals to a large number?  What makes a good song good?  Oh my dad?  He suggested we swing by his place in Las Vegas after we drop Shawn off in central Illinois.  Seriously, I want to go and see him. But we have the upcoming expense of moving Shawn.

I think I mentioned that if we used a transport company to move her furniture and belongings, it will cost about $4500.00 (!!!!!).  And none us are interested or able to drive a rental tuck.  Therefore the option is to purchase the furniture in Champaign.   Shawn has to furnish an entire apartment.  Fortunately she has items from her dorm days.  We're taking inventory now to what gaps need to be filled.  She has started packing. Imagine, my child is moving just about everything. :-(    Still, we're all very excited. :-)

The Main Ingredient, "Goodbye My Love".  Lol. My dear friend commented that my songs tend to match what I'm writing, and sure enough, I write about Shawn leaving and "Goodby My Love", gets shuffled on. I can't explain it.  Speaking of my dear friend, she arranged a lunch with my former coworkers last week. It's always a joy to see them. Some of them were there for my entire time at the job. We've watched our children growing up, becoming parents!  Fretted over our husbands during the Gulf War.  Worried over injuries and illnesses. We loved and supported each other and we still do.  

My old staff came. I am so proud of all of them.  Most of them gone on to be managers and leaders.  Good managers and leaders. I know when they worked with me, they were exceptional employees.  Lol. When I announced I was retiring, 2 of them left.  But, they assisted in finding their replacements. They even came back to assist in the transition.  :-)   And now, when we have our little luncheons, they attend. One even comes from Ann Arbor.  They made my job enjoyable and I did everything I cold to make their job enjoyable...or at least coming to work tolerable - lol. 

Finally, I walked a mile at Belle Isle on Saturday Morning.  Shawn and Brian walked with me.  They encouraged me and ignored my whining - lol.  The turnout was nice with runners and walkers.  Shawn pointed out that I walked the mile without stopping to rest.  She's right I did. At the Zoo walk, I stopped several times.  And after, Brian got the car and picked me up.  This time I walked to the car. My progress is measurable. :-)    My whining increases, but I'm sure it will decrease...eventually.  Lol

Photos of Belle Isle and me.  For those not from the area, Belle Isle is a park island on the Detroit River.     It's a wonderful place. Even as an adult, I enjoy going there.  Signing off with "Get On Up", The Esquires.  :-).   "How can you set yourself down for a rest when you know I'm trying my best to dance with you? ".  Soul at its best. 


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the Belle Isle walk. Very big deal when one has medical challenges. Always bitter sweet when our kids go off to school. Happy for the reason why they're leaving, but sad to see them leave. The music playlist does follow your blog for that day. That's what makes it so cool! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete