Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, July 1, 2013

The "The Disney Adventure Continues. It Will End, I Promise", edition.

iPod shuffled to "Superwoman", Stevie Wonder. Such a nice and smooth song. :-)   I've been crashing after dialysis lately. This means too much fluid is being taken off.  This means I've gained real weight, rather than a lot of fluid. Instead of fighting to get my dry weight increased, the proof is in my crashing. Sucky way to prove a point >:-(

Monday morning arrives. Brian and I sleep in. For us sleep in means waking anytime after 6 AM. Lol. See, we wake at 5AM on dialysis days. (I never came close to waking this early when I was working).  My time for the Orlando center was 1:30 PM.  Heh, way to break up a day, but I have to take the time assigned. We had a light breakfast. "Heaven Only Knows", JohnLegend.  I like him more than my kid-lol.  Our plan was to hang out at the hotel until time to go rather than race to a park and then race to dialysis. 

We went to the pool area.  Spent some time in the hot tub.  Swam in the giant pool. The pool had  a pirate feel to it. Cannons shooting out water.  As a matter of fact, when it opened, a Disney employee dressed as a pirate and the kids were given eye patches, hats and swords to capture the"pirate" after she came down the water slide. Lol. A good time was head by all.

After swimming and slathering up with sunscreen, we went back to the room, got dressed and it was time to venture to Orlando. Time to get out the handy dandy iPad.  it was the map and GPS.  We made the 20 mile trip without incident. We passed signs on the highway directing usthe space center.  I told Brian he could visit the space center while I was dialyzing. ( it was about 100 or so miles away )  He passed. Lol. 

The center was considerably smaller than my location and the Vegas location. They were waiting for me.  They had the correct size needles waiting, gave me a new tourniquet, and a new set of head phones. Most uneventful dialysis session ever.  Yay!!  Got off in time to make it to our dinner reservations at the Mexican restaurant at EPCOT. 

This time we headed to EPCOT with a car.  It was actually better than the bus. I had the  handicapped parking permit.  Complementary wheelchairs were available in the handicap parking area.   "Door to Your Heart", The Dramatics. Their voices just belong together.  We rented a scooter once inside the park. I think pushing me around the giant EPCOT  land mass in the unforgiving Florida heat and humidity was asking too much for Brian.  We had a better time with me in the scooter.  We had a great dinner at the restaurant.  And that pretty much ended the day. 



Yes, that's me in my swimming suit. The idea is send the photo to my vascular surgeon. His beautiful fistula in my arm has allowed me to enjoy swimming. <3.  Signing off with "Butterflies", Michael Jackson.  Love this song. :-). 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great pics. FYI, I love John Legend, The Dramatics and the Mexican restaurant at Epcot, too.

    ReplyDelete