Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The "It Feels Like Florida Outside This Morning", edition.

iPod shuffled to Chaka Khan, "Do You Love What You Feel".  Dance song!  I stepped out the door to go to dialysis and the humidity smacked me in the face. Just like Florida ;-/  I've been going to Deep Water Fitness. The class is on my dialysis days.  I end up passing on days that days dialysis kicks my butt.  Monday was a partial butt kicking day, so I went. About 5 minutes in I ask Brian how long was the class so I could watch the clock.  :-D. I got tired just that quick. He advised me to not watch the clock because it would start going backwards. :-(   I was doing fine until the leader had us continually swim the width of the Olympic size pool.

Did you know that Brian and I had been Red Cross certified lifeguards?  Lol. Now the instructor calls  me out for not kicking during the swim. Apparently my upper body strength is really good. This makes sense, since  I had issues walking and rising, I used my arms and upper body to lift myself. So now when I swim, I don't use my legs. (face palm).  I can beat you across the pool just stroking with my arms. Lol. I'm working on my kick now. :-)

Did you know that by being on dialysis, my life expectancy has dramatically decreased? I am dying. I'm not having a death watch, but the dialysis process is taking a toll on my body, even though it's keeping me alive.  The times when my blood pressure drops means my body is not getting enough oxygen during the duration of the low blood pressure episode. "Trying to Make A Fool Of Me", The Delphonics.  I love the vocals, harmonies, and the arrangement. You can hear the harp.  I think I've gone into the mode of enjoying my life. I'm doing pretty good, but I don't know if any complications will appear.  And I'm ok with this.  

So I'm not trying to be maudlin.  In the last several weeks Shawn and I have been taking little day trips. I had been confined to the house for so long, I was ready to get out.  Lol. After Disney World, I wasn't content with "resting" anymore. Shawn wanted to see more of Michigan before she moves to Central (the freaking middle of nowhere) Illinois.  Next up are the Ann Arbor Art Festival and  trip to Frankenmuth. Who doesn't like Frankenmuth?? :-)   Thinking about Battle Creek, too. 

Got a photo of my chair and my kidney. Gonna ask my tech to take a photo of me when I'm hooked up in my chair. The last time I had my phone out, it fell into the trash can.  I realized I didn't have it when I got to the car. I went back, fished it out, and he techs had to disinfect it. :-/   So you see why I am a bit reluctant to take it out anymore.   Lol

Signing of with The Stylistics, "You Are Everything".  One of my favorite groups and favorite songs. I learned to play this one on the piano.  Russell Thompkins, Jr could do no wrong. :-)

1 comment:

  1. You're right, who doesn't love Frankenmuth. It reminds me of my mom. So does dialysis and especially seeing the pic of the dialysis machine. Sometimes it's a little hard to think about my own health and knowing the probable reality of life expectancy, but I don't think about it often. I've been dealing with one day at a time. I just know it will be fine for us both. I do. Stay strong, Warrior Princess.

    ReplyDelete