Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The "I'm Surprised That I Have The Willpower to Resist The Food I'm NotSupposed to Eat", edition.

iPod shuffled to "Baby I'm For Real", The Originals, written by Marvin Gaye. Listen to the Detroit Symphony Orchestra strings in the back ground.  I used to imagine some (random) guy singing this to me. Of course if that had actually happened, id be appalled. Lol. And I was in Jr. high anyway. Lol.

Tuesday at Disney, our last full day. One of Shawn's friends has already left.  She needs to get back to start her new job as a project manager :-D. Lol. Straight out of grad school! Maybe one day I'll relay my excursion into Project Management.   No matter, we have no plans to hook up with Shawn anyway.  We're headed to whole point of Disney World, The Magic Kingdom!  We drove the car.  It has a 2:30 PM turn in time.  

We arrive at the park at 9:30 AM. There are about 10 spaces left in the handicap parking area!  The park opened at 9:00 AM. "Whip It", Devo. Imagine how tickled we were when Mark Mothersbaugh was the music director of Rugrats, a cartoon Shawn watched as a little girl.  He also writes for the Regular Show (you get many points if you know what that is).  Anyway, as we circled to the remaining parking spots, we noticed the last of the complementary wheelchairs being taken. *Sigh*. Well it's still early, and not crazy hot and humid, and I have energy.  We head to the park.  About midway there, an angel  was bringing wheelchairs to the parking area.  He gave us one. :-)  We get through the gate and kinda stare..we are not in the park.  The Magic Kingdom is on the other side of the lake. :-/  like a moat...rofl.  We have to take a ferry or a monorail to get there....and both have impressive lines. We opt for the ferry. 

The line moved continuously.  There were two ferries and they packed us in. Wheelchairs, scooters, strollers, pedestrians lol. And let me tell you about the strollers - big honkin' strollers.  Holding 2-3 kids. Lol we have an opinion on the optimum age to bring kids to Disney World, and 3 months isn't it. :-(  Anyway, the ride is no more than 10 minutes.  We dock and now we go through the ticket gate. We head to rent a scooter, and there's a line. Lol. Geez we barely get one, they're all almost gone. 

We have the scooter, time for the game plan.  Yes Magic Kingdom requires a plan. This is the most crowded of the parks. We head to The Haunted Mansion, in Liberty Square (land). The line is short and moves. See, most of the Disney  rides do not stop...you have to jump on while it's moving. Only once did the staff offer to slow a ride for me. Lol. It was all dicey. :-D   Anyway we get inside, and jump on the ride.  Oh yeah, the line had some tight turns, and I ran into stuff with the scooter, much to the entertainment of the people behind me - lol. I have no shame, I laughed too. When the ride is over, you have to negotiate jumping out while its still moving. I was successful. 

So what to do next?  Well, while waiting in line, the couple in front of us gave us their Fast Pass tickets to the Peter Pan ride in Fantasy Land!!   Heh. iPod played "Work It",  Missy Elliot and then followed it with "Request Line", Dynamic Three...Missy sampled "Request Line". I thought the iPod shuffled the same song. So what is a Fast Pass? You go to a ride, request a ticket to come back a certain time and you can get on the ride. It bypasses the line, as lines can be up to 90 minutes...we saw that at EPCOT.     We were delighted and grateful. The Peter Pan ride is one of the most popular rides. 

Our route had us pass Cinderella's castle. Well, we passed just as the Princess Breakfast ended. We hit the junior princess mother lode!!!!  I wish I had taken pictures, all the little girls dressed as their favorite Disney princess. Our favorite was the miniature Cinderella, with her hairpiece, crown and glass slippers doing her princess wave as people walked pass <3. Lol.  

This is long, so I'll stop now.  The adventure is almost over. Signing off with "As", Stevie Wonder. This album set came out when I was at UM.  I think Stevie Wonder had so much music in him he had to get it out. The set was 2 albums and a 45. Who does that?  Lol

Have a great holiday. :-)


2 comments:

  1. OMG!! That brought back SO many memories!!! My kids always loved Disney World as well as Disneyland. However, it most of all makes me think of my mom. I think in some ways she enjoyed it more than the kids. She was enjoying it for herself, but was getting a huge kick out of watching the kids. This brought back great memories for me, too. Thanks Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. We're trying to plan our next trip. :-)

    ReplyDelete