Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, July 15, 2013

The "It's All Fun And Games", edition.

iPod shuffled to Stevie Wonder, "Do I Do". This song makes me smile and want to dance. :-)  Let's go back to Friday.  When I was coming off treatment, I felt good. Really good.  This was a new experience!!  With the increase in my dry weight, the amount of fluid taken off was just right. My blood pressure stayed normal ( my new normal bp is about 117/77 - yay!! ). I didn't feel faint.  I wasn't exhausted. As a matter of fact I  was ready to do stuff. Brian and I went to breakfast and I didn't feel the need to rest in the car while he finished.

Brian said he and Shawn would be attending a gaming convention at Oakland University Friday afternoon.  He suggested I go with them. Now he and Shawn have been attending these things since she was around 10 years old. They conned me into going to one a long time ago. I've passed ever since.  However that day, I felt good, and didn't want to stay in the house. So on Friday afternoon, I attended Michicon at Oakland University.  (One of the best stories is 10 year old Shawn beating a table of gamers. The gamers were focusing on each other because a 10 yo girl poses no threat. She snuck in and won the game!!! Lol lol lol ). 

When we arrived, Brian registered us.  If you've never been to a gaming convention, I'll try to explain how it goes. This one had several types of games participants can play - Family and Board games, Railroads, Miniatures ( historical, air battles, sci-fi, fantasy ) and RPGs ( role playing games - Dungeons and Dragons, Pathfinders, sci-fi and more ).  You register, then sign up for the game(s) you want to play. This is not where you go to play Sorry, Monopoly, Risk or even checkers.  On the sign up table there is a catalogue with descriptions of the games. "Can't Forget About You", Nas and Chrisette Michelle. This was the 1st time I heard Chrissette's voice. Loved it. Also, Nas sampled "Unforgettable", Nat King Cole.  

After going over game descriptions, we selected what we wanted to play. I selected Briefcase. Lol. It seemed the closest to something that was familiar to me. It read like Monopoly (it wasn't - lol).  I went to the table.  A young lady and the game master(GM) were already there.  Just as I sat down, my phone rang.  I checked it. Hmmm. I needed to answer this call. It was the Detroit Medical Center.  Apparently, as of Friday, my name was placed on the kidney transplant list!!!!!!!! :-D  Lol. I couldn't jump up and tell the strangers at my table, nor could I run over to Shawn and Brian.  I smiled at the 2 remaining players who joined us, listened to the GM explain the game and then played the game.  I enjoyed the game.  And of course I came in dead last - rofl.  I wandered over to where Brian was.  His game was still on progress and let him know, and then wandered over to Shawn. 

After we all finished, we all declared we had a good time. In fact Brian and Shawn were going back the next day. Mom passed this time. Lol. But on Sunday, I made my way back to my World of Warcraft. After a massive update and Battle.net basically telling me I'd been gone so long they needed to verify who I was, I got back on to save Azeroth!!  Lol. I forgot how to play my character.  Anyway, some of guild members were on and we talked and gabbed. :-).  Finally, my buddy messaged me on Facebook about returning to WoW.  He makes me go to dungeons a lot, but in his defense, I was the one who brought him into the epic dungeons years ago. :-). Lol. Just let me get used to playing again.  I am a gamer and I like it!!  Meet Lallique and her minion, Mezzgorg <3.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. You're making progress, kiddo. Congrats on being on the transplant list. One step at a time.

    ReplyDelete