Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, July 8, 2013

The "I Always Think of a Cool Title at Night And Forget It By Morning",edition.

...and today is no exception. iPod shuffled to "Ball of Confusion", Temptations. The tongue tying song. I never got the lyrics, but I could go, "and the band played on"  :-)   Ok, last few hours at EPCOT.  It starts to rain as we head to the Chinese restaurant.  It's not your normal rain, it's the " it got so humid that the sky couldn't hold any more moisture" rain.  It poured. Of course we were in the area where not only is there  no shelter, we have a distance to go to get to shelter. *sigh*.  But, we are wearing our ponchos!  So here's the picture..it's raining hard, my glasses need windshield wipers,  I'm wearing a poncho, riding a scooter, going as fast as it  can go.  Brian is wearing a poncho, running behind me trying to keep up.

"More Than a Woman", The Tavares. A decidedly disc vibe here. Lol. Anyone remember Roland and Niknik shirts.  Lol. ;-)   We make it to the restaurant. With the exception of my left thigh and face, the
poncho kept me dry.  And the left thigh was wet because for some reason poncho didn't cover it. :-O  We arrived at the restaurant.  I rolled that scooter up the ramp and zoomed right into the restaurant. "Hello-wet lady in a poncho on a scooter getting out of the rain!!!" Lol. I think some people came in for shelter. I startled them.  ;-).  Our table was ready. I parked the scooter over in corner and we went to our table.  Dinner was good, as usual. 

One thing we noticed was, the restaurants in the different countries in the World Showcase, were staffed by people from those countries. Mexico by Mexicans, France by people who spoke French..lol. Sometimes had difficulty getting though the accents. And the Chinese restaurant by Chinese people.  We left, went to the Nemo ride, and another ride in The  Land.  There was a ride Brian wanted to go to , but the line was an hour.  That just means we have to return. :-)  We turn in the scooter, head to the bus, and return to our hotel.  Time to pack and get ready to leave the magic.  :-(

The Disney Express wants us at the resort check in building at 6:55AM Wednesday morning, for 10:00 AM flight. The resort had a van pick us up in the morning, rather than us using the internal bus system. I thought that was pretty cool.  We get to the airport.  The flight was uneventful.  We get to Detroit around 1:00 PM. The plan was to go directly to dialysis.  However, the center called me Tuesday and told me my time 2:30. :-/  Gave us enough time to get home unload the car and drive me back to the center. See, the center is on the way from the airport. No matter, they accommodated me. :-)  Had a good treatment, came home and ended my adventure.  Yes, the dialysis center has my cell phone number, as does the transplant office. I never would have thought my cell phone being my lifeline before..but it is. 

And that's how a dialysis patient does Disney World!!  I'm ready to go back....right now. Lol.  I know it was long, but I hope you enjoyed it. Signing off with " I'll Be Around", The Spinners.



No comments:

Post a Comment