Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, July 1, 2013

The "I Feel Good Most of the Time. My Bad Days are My DialysisDays.What Wrong With This Picture?", edition

Still trying to get all this Disney out of my system.  I am enjoying reliving that week, though. Thanks for bearing with me. :-)  Oh and yeah.  I find it ironic that I feel, really well, on Tuesday, Thursday and the weekends..days I am NOT on dialysis.  Yeah, that's right, I feel, like crap after I have been dialyzed.
:-(  

So Brian and I now have a vehicle.  The problem we have is Disney World is a very large place. The good news is Disney World is big on signage.  Heh, in spite of the signage, we still make a few wrong turns, but we finally make it to Downtown Disney.  As we were pulling in, the girls called us.  One has a sore throat, can we pick some throat lozenges?  Yes, of course.  There should be a Walgreens somewhere nearby...but we'll pick it up after we finish Downtown Disney.  

By then the time we arrive at Downtown, parking lots are full, but we do find one relatively close to where we want to go.  I prepare to get my hobble on ...again. We walk to the  store, and it is Florida hot and humid-which bears no semblance to Las Vegas hot..sheesh.  We pass a Lego store and a princess costume store.  Lol. There were miniature princesses aplenty everywhere we went.  Cinderellas, Jasmines, Tianas, Snow Whites, Belles, you name it.  However, we hadn't hit the princess mother lode yet. Lol. 

We arrive at the giant Disney store, aptly named The World of Disney Store. I immediately start looking for the Perry the Platypus throw. I find lots of Mickey and Minnie, but no Perry.  Brian wants to ask someone somewhere in the store, but I said forget it.  However he was determined and took off.  By this time I had slowed down considerably and lost him in the crowd.  Well, I ended up in the jewelry area, so I decided to look at charms for my bracelet.  I wanted the Mickey head!!   It wouldn't fit. :-(  I try another charm.  And then another.  I'm about to give up, but then another employee comes along and tells me that they will fit, but we have to keep trying on the charms.  Long story short, I was able to get 2 charms, one for me and on for Shawn. Not the one I wanted, but Shawn and I are happy with ones we were able to get.

During the process of trying charms and we tried maybe 20, I didn't see Brian. So I left the building and sat down in a shady area.  Tried to call him but I had no bars ;-(  We've concluded that Sprint is NOT the official cell service of Disney World.   I decided to hobble over to where you rent a wheelchair. I got a scooter!  I then went to a few other stores looking for the throw and came to the conclusion that it didn't exist. (Actually, I looked online a few days ago and they are completely out of stock - boo). 

I went back to the World of Disney and found Brian.  I got a Mickey throw because I still needed one for dialysis.  The new buy this,get that deal was a beach towel and I wasn't interested, so I lost out on the really cool tote and a Perry throw.  But really, no one is sad at Disney World. Lol. Long story short, I was able to find a nice duffle at a good price.  We also got a bunch of marshmallow treats in the shape of Mickeys head, because marshmallow treats are the official snack of people on a renal diet. Woot!!  The store also sold a cake made out of marshmallow treat. (!). He that would be serious sugar overload. 

Well we turned in the scooter, hobbled to the car and headed off to find a drug store.  We eventually found a Walgreens, got the lozenges.  I got some heating pads for my back and we headed back to the hotel.  We had dinner at the hotel that night.  While waiting to be seated, we sat by the pool and watched as the staff set up for the outdoor movie for the night, The Lion King. After dinner, we relaxed in the hotel and planned for the next day...Monday - dialysis day.....


1 comment:

  1. Really enjoying the Disney World stories along with the dialysis stories. Please keep it coming, with or without Disney.

    ReplyDelete