Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Friday, October 11, 2013

The "Dan Petrie Said Verlander Was the One to Go With and I TrustedHim!", edition

iPod shuffled to "Midnight at the Oasis", Maria Mulduar. "Let's slip off to a sand dune, real soon, and kick up a little dust".  !!!!!!   Lol. Well, that's a suggestive lyric.  Lol. I didn't want to watch the Tigers game. But Brian came into the room and held my eyelids. Then he fell asleep.  Roflmao. We bailed at the bottom of the eight.  It was delightful to wake up to the win. :-)

Ok, just a reminder.  I type the blogs in its entirety with my right index finger.  Because my left arm is incapacitated.  You know, needles. Lol. My my right wants to cramp.  That's a first. Anyway, I've been coming to this center for almost a year.  I've settled in. Have gotten to know staff and patients. I've built relationships...within the context of the center.  I'm attached to MY tech.  I think you know that lol, but I haven't met a cranky tech.  Even the one I went off on.  Even though it was a function of me having dialysis, I was unnecessarily rude....I apologized.  I think all of us patients feel funky, angry, depressed or hopeless every now and then.   Note - I said every now and then, not it happened it just once and we got over it.  "Check It Out", The Tavares"....(secret..Brian sings this to me .... <3). 

The nurses are all pretty cool and professional. They don't take any crap off of us, not that "I" give any. Really I don't. Lol. Even when they poke and us to see if we've retained any fluid.  Thanks to my mom, I have really skinny ankles.  Daddy and I used to tease her about her legs look like chicken drumsticks. Guess who has chicken drumstick legs now?   Lol. Karma again.   BTW, my tech has cannulated (stuck) nine people so far today.  I told you she is good. :-)

TMI alert!!!!   I may have mentioned that people with kidney failure, on average don't pee. Would you rather I use urinate?  I'll hold my pinkie up.  Lol. Well I pee and I pee copiously.  This was discussed when I first started dialysis.  That gave me high hopes.  When the nephrologist, nurse and dietician told me it didn't much, I was devastated and I finally accepted that dialysis was going to be my life.  Well iit came up again.  Nephrologist suggested I may still have some kidney function (! Cautious hope !). "Spread My Wings", Troop.  Whatever happened to them?  I see they were produced by Chuckii Booker. ....research break... Apparently they all became successful producers. Good for them!  Hope they ditched the Jeri Curls. Lol. <maniacal laughter>. Ahem, back to business. 

So I'm going to get some tests to see if I really do have some kidney function.  One of the indicators of functioning kidneys is yellow pee.  Clear pee means no toxins are coming out...bad.  Foamy pee means you're  losing protein....bad. See there,  I taught you something today. :-). Finally, back to the one finger typing.  I apologize for typos and grammatical errors. I really put a great effort in editing, but I still miss a lot of errors.  Lol. I catch quite a few errors before I publish.  Just imagine what the blog could look like. <sigh>

Signing off with Detroit's own, Kem, "You're On My Mind". Volume is cranked up on this one.  Boston, Scherzer, Hunter, Cabrera, Martinez, Infante, Fielder, Fister, Benoit, Verlander, et al, and Leyland (Hillbilly Bear-remember that cartoon?  You get all kinds of points if you catch the connection...lol). Have a wonderful weekend. ;-D

No comments:

Post a Comment